Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Plastic Mounted knights from Perry Miniatures (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Plastic Mounted knights from Perry Miniatures
Barin (User)
The Golden Palette 2011 (Click to see more)The Order of the Chroniclers in Silver (Click to see more)The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Russian Federation flag
Plastic Mounted knights from Perry Miniatures 3 Years, 8 Months ago
Recently Perry Brothers announced new plastic set of late medieval/renessaince knights. Hopefully it will hit the shelves before Christmass.

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/602520/

The horses can be assembled with barding, and knights will have different weapons /helmets options.

Even that horses of Perrys are typically smaller than GW, they can be used for yomens, and knight can fit nicely with old GW plastics, or (I hope) new plastic horses too...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Plastic Mounted knights from Perry Miniatures 3 Years, 8 Months ago
Brilliant times three - though in my opinion, the late 15th cent. Italian-style armour looks a bit more Empire than Bretonnian.
Still - superb, superb, superb!
If there's something you're bad at, find out exactly what it is... and then leave it be!

"D'amors et d'armes et de joie
Est ma matiere et de tel gent
Qui son et bon et bel et gent"

(French, 13th century)
Artinam (Moderator)
The Order of the Dragon in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
They look great, being 15th-16th century cavalry they do fit better with Empire.
Long Live the Fighters!
Honneur aux armes, respect aux maitres!
Zirrian (User)
profile icon User Offline Hungary flag
I respect the Perry brothers more and more with their plastic Agincourt to Orléans range.

I am currently thinking of their use in a bretonnian army. As they are not barded, the cannot be used as WYSIWYG knights. But with sculpted barding.

The other is mounted yeoman, but they are too heavy armoured for it. Any ideas or thoughts for conversions or use in the army? The figs look neat, but I don't want to put them only on the shelf.
Your worst Knightmare.

"Isn't Blood Keep in Bretonnia?"
"Yeah, and Altdorf is a small village near Gisoreux."
Ferrum (User)
profile icon User Offline
These would make cool QKs because they have a unique armor style! Perhaps they are returning from adventures in the south?
"the things I do for love....*shove*"
- Jaime Lannister

A Game of Thrones
Barin (User)
The Order of the Chroniclers in Silver (Click to see more)The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)The Golden Palette 2011 (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Russian Federation flag
Zirrian, these figures will have some kind of attachable barding (that was on TMP announcement). BTW, their armor is exactly like thr armor of Voland Venators (done by the same Perry Brothers long time ago...)
Last Edit: 2011/04/23 08:03 By Barin.
Zirrian,

I too am a fan of the Perry Miniatures figures, especially their latest Wars of the Roses and European Mercenary plastic Infantry sets.
I'm currently working on some of these at the moment, but unfortunately not as Bretonnians.

The new mounted figures could be used as a mounted M@A unit, perhaps.

Sir Guy
Sir Gui de Bussi
Le Suzerain des Provences Sousbrienne-Lorental et Sire de Donjon sur Petite Brienne

Servir seulement La Dame du Lac

Zirrian (User)
profile icon User Offline Hungary flag
Sir Guy des Bontemps wrote:
Zirrian,

I too am a fan of the Perry Miniatures figures, especially their latest Wars of the Roses and European Mercenary plastic Infantry sets.
I'm currently working on some of these at the moment, but unfortunately not as Bretonnians.

The new mounted figures could be used as a mounted M@A unit, perhaps.

Sir Guy

I currently own only one boxes of them, and I plan to use them as Man at Arms and Peasant Archers, but I'm not totally sure if I'll ever play with them - I realized that the modelling and painting is much better for me.

And please forgive me for my misreading - again - when I read the article second time, I saw the part that clearly explained that there will be barding for the horses. I'm very curious about them, and I hope that the armor will be closer to Bretonnia than the Empire.
Your worst Knightmare.

"Isn't Blood Keep in Bretonnia?"
"Yeah, and Altdorf is a small village near Gisoreux."
Go to top Post Reply