Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
War of the roses plastics by Perry Miniatures (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: War of the roses plastics by Perry Miniatures
Barin (User)
The Golden Palette 2011 (Click to see more)The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)The Order of the Chroniclers in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Russian Federation flag
War of the roses plastics by Perry Miniatures 4 Years, 7 Months ago
http://www.perry-miniatures.com/index2.html

I think they should be the same size as metal bretonnians and slightly smaller than current plastics. Hope some of our knights from UK can get a hold of them and confirm that
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Redduke (User)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
Re:War of the roses plastics by Perry Miniatures 4 Years, 7 Months ago
someone posted this link once before in a topic. Then it was for the squire models as you could use them from the agincourt battle

i will look for the topic now

edit: didn't find the correct topic but it shows others use the miniatures

http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=87&func=view&id=63028&catid=4

http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=87&func=view&id=69309&catid=4
Last Edit: 2009/11/27 11:46 By Redduke.
Barin / Redduke,

I have some of these miniatures and I can confirm that they are 28mm, but they are slightly smaller than the 28mm GW Bretonnians.
EDIT: I think this is because figures from Perry Miniatures are more finely sculpted than the GW miniatures, which are 28mm 'heroic' scale and therefore larger than 28mm standard scale (see my article Alternative Miniatures to GW Bretonnians, http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=474&Itemid=31).

They are also white metal / pewter, not plastic.
I think that the picture displayed is perhaps of an inital 'proof copy' run of the miniatures before they were produced in metal for the commercial market.

Sir Guy
Last Edit: 2009/11/28 14:36 By Sir Guy des Bontemps.
Sir Gui de Bussi
Le Suzerain des Provences Sousbrienne-Lorental et Sire de Donjon sur Petite Brienne

Servir seulement La Dame du Lac

Barin / Redduke

I've just pre-ordered two boxes of the recently announced Perry Miniatures' Wars of the Roses Infantry set.

Having quite a few of their figures already, I can expect these new minis to be superbly sculpted and therefore have great detailing. They are certainly good value for money - 40 multi-part miniatures for £15 - that beats GW hands down anyday.
EDIT:If you click in the Select a Range window, then select Plastics Workbench, and finally scroll down and look at pictures under the Plastic Napoleonic French Hussars '3ups', you'll see how detailed these new WoR Infantry miniatures are.

Here's a link to the announcement, just in case either of you are tempted.

http://www.perry-miniatures.com/index2.html

Sir Guy
Last Edit: 2009/11/28 15:08 By Sir Guy des Bontemps.
Sir Gui de Bussi
Le Suzerain des Provences Sousbrienne-Lorental et Sire de Donjon sur Petite Brienne

Servir seulement La Dame du Lac

Those look like excellent miniatures. I would seriously consider buying some if i weren't lacking in the funds department...
Did you see the article about Peter Jackson's own WW1 ANZACs? Some GW modelers were working with them.
Fortis Undis et Armis
dugroz (User)
The Order of the Purple Brush in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline United States flag
Re:War of the roses plastics by Perry Miniatures 4 Years, 6 Months ago
How do you buy the War of the Roses plastic infantry mentioned above? I didn't see a place to buy it on the perry website... and do they ship to the USA?
can somebody give a photo to compare the scale of bretonnian and war of the roses archers?
Last Edit: 2010/01/19 11:57 By Russian Barbarian.
There is only greed and evil in the men that fight today,
The song of the crusader has long since gone away...

Farcinated by Bretonnian Knights for more than two years...
Barin (User)
The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)The Golden Palette 2011 (Click to see more)The Order of the Chroniclers in Silver (Click to see more)
I've ordered the box, will hopefully have it within 2 weeks, then I'll post some pics.
Sir Francis (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
when i start my army i will buy not one, or two AND NOT EVEN THREE... i will but 4 boxes in http://shop.warlordgames.co.uk/wars-of-the-roses-retinue-2436-p.asp deal... yea it only saves you £5 (yea its uk ONLY sorry!(well i think it is)) but its 160 MODELLS!!! i mean cmon now i said tht what are the minis like? do they come with square bases? are they good scale? are they well easy to paint?
edit: i can make this url work!!! oh well looks like you'll have to copy+paste it!
Last Edit: 2010/01/19 17:17 By Sir Francis.
For The King!
Barin (User)
The Golden Palette 2011 (Click to see more)The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)The Order of the Chroniclers in Silver (Click to see more)
I've actually found size reference pic, there's also a link to sprues'pics on top of the page:

http://frothersunite.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19199&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

More pics here:

http://www.warlordgames.co.uk/?p=3728#more-3728
Last Edit: 2010/01/19 18:47 By Barin.
wow if I didn't already have all the infantry I needed I'd get some of those.
thank you very much, Barin.
There is only greed and evil in the men that fight today,
The song of the crusader has long since gone away...

Farcinated by Bretonnian Knights for more than two years...
Barin (User)
The Order of the Chroniclers in Silver (Click to see more)The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)The Golden Palette 2011 (Click to see more)
Re:War of the roses plastics by Perry Miniatures 4 Years, 4 Months ago
Ок, finally got my package from maelstrom.
What can I say - figures are very nice, when you glue them to standard 20 mm base they stand slightly taller than classic metal halberdies or bowmen. The main difference in regards to GW figures is that they're very slim, with realistic proportions. You have 3 x 12 figures sprue, that can be used to make 6 bowmen and 6 billmen, and command sprue that will make 4 better armed minis. You'll have 4-5 spare heads from the box, and some hands/swords/bucklers/etc. Each model in the box may be assembled differently. I'll use one or both of my boxes on weekend, then I might post some pics with GW models as reference.
Barin (User)
The Order of the Chroniclers in Silver (Click to see more)The Golden Palette 2011 (Click to see more)The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)
Some pics for you:

Comparison to bretonnian and empire models....

you can make maximum 18 pikes+command group from one box...

in this case you can assemble 19 bowmen.
if you want to go bowmen-heavy you can have 12 pikes+28 bowmen, including command.
smaug123uk (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
i bought a box as i have been a perry fan for a long time
the difference with gw is negligable with the main difference being less flash and better expressions on faces
Go to top Post Reply