Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Warbands - Birth of my future giant army! (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Warbands - Birth of my future giant army!
Tristan (User)

profile icon User Offline
Warbands - Birth of my future giant army! 2 Years, 7 Months ago
For starters we're using the Warbands-rules. I hope they are still usable in 8th edition. Here they are: http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/...ands_Rules.pdf

We start at 200 points, and continue to 300 when everybody's got their models painted.

I will mainly play against Wood Elves and Dwarfs.

What about six KOTR with full command (champion's the general), two tiny units (around three-five a piece) of bowmen and a small unit of Men at Arms with halberds (cirka five). How does that sound? I don't have my army book here, so unfortunately I can't write the list more detailed right now.

And when it comes to full-size armies (1-2K), does anybody have any tips on strong builds? Full cavalry, peasant army with knight back-up, hordes of Men at arms, shooty list. What's competitive? My friends are very good players, and they tend to make strong lists with the help of different powerplay forums. But they're not as unsympathetic as they sound...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sir Banonbrig (User)

Re:Warbands - Birth of my future giant army! 2 Years, 7 Months ago
Hi Tristan!
Take a look at some of the other lists posted for examples of good builds. Keep in mind that in the latest edition it is about balancing out your knights with units that can hold up large enemy inf blocks to set up flank charges- this means that lists in 8th for Brets tend to be more balanced- lots of knights a good sized sf unit of m@a's and some PB's with treb and peg knights is what alot of people tend to go with.
Warbands sounds ace- me and my companion are looking to build our army's to a campaign narrative between beasts and brets.
Keep us posted on how you are doing and have fun!
In a 500pt warband game I always take a small unit of archers and make them skirmishers.
Sir Ofeelya D'Erriere, aka Brian
http://www.woolshedwargamer.com/
homefellas87 (User)

Good, means you are best in this game....
Tristan (User)

Thanks for the tips! It gave me something to think about. Right now my selection for 200p is:

5 x KOTR (the gallant is the general)

10 x M@A

5x Bowmen

Do you think that'll work?
Go to top Post Reply