Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The Lady's Will (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: The Lady's Will
The Lady's Will 4 Years, 4 Months ago
This thread discusses the Content article: The Lady's Will

Gastion,

This was a great tale. The emotions were very well expressed and the imagery was fantastic.

I look forward to reading more stories from your hand.

Harolde

Storm of Vengeance

The tale of Kristian Barqvist de la Ra'ede - First Son and Lord Commander of Her Lady's Vengeance - the Ra'ede.

Heraldry by Sir Guy
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:The Lady's Will 4 Years, 4 Months ago
Thanks so much for the kind words, Harolde! You already know how much I enjoyed your story

I'm actually underway on some related tales. Gastion's sister Estelle is proving to be a very enjoyable character to write, and there have been ideas stewing in my head about Mousillon since I first read the 5th Edition army book when I was twelve I initially wanted this entry to be a stand-alone story, but the more I think about it, the more I want to continue the plotline. Here's hoping I'll have something posted by Christmas!
"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"

"That is the only time a man can be brave."

The Hand of Eternal Light, my Army Journal
Old bold knight (Moderator)
The Order of the Storytellers in silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
Re:The Lady's Will 4 Years, 3 Months ago
Nice work Gastion, I enjoyed that!

You have a talent for describing the minutae of combat, having the men-at-arms grounding the shields with the archers behind was a nice touch, and the wounds inflicted on the damsel really presented the knight of Mousillion as being a terrifyingly powerful foe!

Having the damsel using shield of thorns to protect the Errant was a nice touch too, imaginative use of her abilties and also described both her and the grail knight as being very much in touch with 'life'. Anyone reading that tale who wasn't familiar with the Bretonnian background would instantly 'get' the majority of it from that.

Whenever I read fantasy stories set in a medieval era, it's always seems easier to focus entirely on the nobles, with their clean clothes, magic swords, noble titles etc.

It's much, much harder to describe the terror of being a peasant caught up in a fight, and I thought you did that well, as well as the reality of being a single knight defending a village, rather than the large units of them that warhammer players are used to.

I also enjoyed having the Grail Knight not rebuke young Gastion for calling the survivor a coward at the start, instead referring to his tactical value.

It would be very easy to define 'goodness' in a fantasy story as being modern political correctness, so it was good to read the a high-ranking knight not insulting an Errant in front of a peasant, even if his opinion was more than a trifle insensitive!

I'd love to read any more that you write in this series.
Last Edit: 2010/12/30 09:58 By Old bold knight.
The price of rank is duty.
Old Bold Knight,

Thank you so much for your feedback! It's always wonderful for a writer to know that people enjoy his/her stories I'm also really happy that a lot of what I was trying to convey really did come through to you as a reader (especially in regards to Logrean and Elise). I greatly appreciate the time you took to reply to the story.

That was fantastic, I loved the story and loved the characters well done
Sir Tristan (User)

profile icon User Offline
Re:The Lady's Will 4 Years, 1 Month ago
I have only just now returned to this forum and thank the Lady I did. I love fan fiction and your story was excellent. I found myself almost watching a movie as I read as it was so easy to visualise the story. I liked the vampire knights cold, calouse abuse of his victims and the fact that the "baddies" weren't stopped in droves by a single hero. Nice work, I'm off looking for more of your writings.
Far better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re:The Lady's Will 4 Years, 1 Month ago
Margrave Godrey, many, many thanks! Your words have humbled me

Sir Tristan, thank you greatly for your kind words!

For those interested in seeing how this tale continues please do check out the RP in the Guildhall of the Wayfarers entitled War of the Lost. It's essentially a sequel to this short story, and is turning out to be a really wonderful collaboration between Sir Guy des Bontemps, Zhthaar of Mousillon, LORD ROTH, Seraphim Angel, a whole magnificent slew of new writers, and me. I shall shamelessly plug the thread here, as all are welcome to participate!
Last Edit: 2011/02/27 13:49 By Gastion le vaillant.

Go to top Post Reply