Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Maintenance at this Saturday, 8th of March (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Maintenance at this Saturday, 8th of March
Maintenance at this Saturday, 8th of March 9 Years, 2 Months ago
This thread discusses the Content article: Maintenance at this Saturday, 8th of March

Best of luck with your work this weekend.

Have you already started doing something? My heraldry has disappeared from my signature.

Harolde

Storm of Vengeance

The tale of Kristian Barqvist de la Ra'ede - First Son and Lord Commander of Her Lady's Vengeance - the Ra'ede.

Heraldry by Sir Guy
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Maintenance at this Saturday, 8th of March 9 Years, 2 Months ago
No, I did not touch anything yet. Is the heraldry still gone? I can see it clearly.

Anyways, most changes are "under the hood", so they should not be noticed at all...
Re:Maintenance at this Saturday, 8th of March 9 Years, 1 Month ago
Well now - the issue seems to be IE6. On Firefox it's there - but not on IE6 (neither is yours). I was on IE6 out of convenience while I didn't have my laptop up.

Another thing about IE6 - the BIG headers are really big and the flags look much better than they do on Firefox.

Thanks,
Harolde

Storm of Vengeance

The tale of Kristian Barqvist de la Ra'ede - First Son and Lord Commander of Her Lady's Vengeance - the Ra'ede.

Heraldry by Sir Guy
Regarding the flags, I'm still not sure if you're comparing old images with new images. They are supposed to look identical on both browsers. Could you try clearing the browser cache in both of them, and compare again?

The missing signature images is one of the many "features" of IE, not following the web standards. It's a real pain for a webdeveloper, at least now I managed to make the site look mostly consistent on all browsers. But it's getting better with IE7, and there's even more hope for IE8.

I'll try to get a view view IE6 (not easy when running Linux), and see what I can fix. At least the big headers should be no problem. Which ones exactly are too big, in what places?
OK, maintenance is done and everything should work as it did before!

We're now on a different server, which will allow a seamless upgrading of performance, if needed.
Good show.

Who did you go with?

Harolde

Storm of Vengeance

Heraldry by Sir Guy
We're with Hosteurope for more than year already, and the move was within their VPS offers to a newer package. I'm really satisfied with the service there - nothing to complain, but you have to do everything yourself.
I don't think that you're complaining about having to do everything yourself - are you?

From what I've experienced - most techs prefer to have complete control.

I expect that you're happier having to do more work to get the perfect solution than being forced to accept inferior support or services.

We tried using Rackspace for a while - but the cost was atrocious. We're now using 1and1 during developing until our products are ready for market. Then we'll need to seek out a more robust and cost effective provider.

Job well done, my friend.

Harolde

Storm of Vengeance

Heraldry by Sir Guy
Ah, no, I'm in no way complaining - I really appreciate the complete control, but mentioned it because it is not everyone's stuff. The performance on the VPS we are on is way better than any shared hosting, where they also try to get rid of you when you are actually using the power you want
The possibility to seamlessly upgrade the performance to a higher package is a big advantage.

Also, as you say, there's full access to the whole system, not just a web-based interface. Might I ask what the "products" are in your case? I guess not "woodwork renewal"...
No - not woodwork renewal.

Another fellow and I have been working on an online product for the last 3 1/2 years. Normal turn-around of a product for the internet is about 9 months - so needless to say - the market demand we're after is currently not being met. And so far, the duration of our development has not weakened our opportunity.

I am the dreamer of the two. It's being built on my imagination. He is the miracle man. He makes my dreams work.

It's a good combo.

As for what it is - we've struggled over this for 3 years. When asked what it is that we're building - we have a hard time describing it.

All I can say at this point is that it is online software. Similar - perhaps - to a computer's operating system - except that the applications can be custom designed by the users. And no - not like Google apps.

Sorry -if that's ridiculously vague - but it's all I can submit for now.

Novices will be able to use it through point and click while programmers will be able to write their own code or mash existing systems with it. If you've got something in PHP and something in ASP - just connect them together - point and click.

We're not too far off from providing our first solution for a very unsatisfied but huge commercial sector.

I'd be interested in where you are heading and doing with your own career - Guillaume. PM me if you'd like.

Harolde

Storm of Vengeance

Heraldry by Sir Guy
Ah, now I know where all these ideas and proposals come from - your "dreamer" imagination! That sounds like a really interesting project you're working on - for the rest: see PM

E. Dantes (User)
profile icon User Offline Argentina flag
Hello, I will bother you again...
I can see the page from work, but I cannot see it from home...it seems to be a problem but I'm unable to see what could it be, any ideas what could be blocking your website from my side?
"...None of us know our end really, or what hand will guide us there. A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. That man can also move himself. And only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played, or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone. Even though those who presumed pray you kings or men of power, When you stand before The Lady, you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that."
There are two possibilities. Either your Internet Provider completely blocks the site (and I would want a reason for that too), or they are really slow in adapting to DNS changes. Due to the maintenance on the weekend, the IP address of the server changed, so maybe they just haven't adopted the new one yet. Please report back, if it still doesn't work in some days!
E. Dantes (User)
profile icon User Offline Argentina flag
Aye My Lord, I will. About the IP's there doesn't seem to be any blocking, the IP I got yesterday was one 95.xxx.xxx.xxx, I did a tracert and in some parts it's jus time out, I also made a regular ping and the 4 packs got lost...I will double check that anyways

thanks a lot
"...None of us know our end really, or what hand will guide us there. A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. That man can also move himself. And only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played, or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone. Even though those who presumed pray you kings or men of power, When you stand before The Lady, you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that."
Go to top Post Reply