Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Kickstarters (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Kickstarters
Zirrian (User)
profile icon User Offline Hungary flag
Kickstarters 2 Years, 5 Months ago
Greetings knights and ladies of the Round Table!
It seems that many companies use kickstarters to raise funds for their products, and let us put our dirty little hands on them earlier. I opened this topic to post kickstarters we think worth watching, and recommend them to others, so I begin.

http://www.indiegogo.com/aow-dwarfs
The first is Avatars of War dwarven kickstarter. They have interesting plans to do, and I'd really love to see plastic Bear Riders - good for some northern miniatures, or Kislevite cavalry.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/kings-of-war
You probably know the second, Mantic. They raised many funds in a short amount of time, and will have great things, I especially want to see the human army/armies.

So long I have these two. Feel free to discuss. I personally haven't supported either of them, but only because I lack of money at the moment.
Your worst Knightmare.

"Isn't Blood Keep in Bretonnia?"
"Yeah, and Altdorf is a small village near Gisoreux."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Larhendiel (User)
The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)
profile icon User Online Now United Kingdom flag
Re:Kickstarters 2 Years, 5 Months ago
Thanks! it looks very intersting, especially the idea of Mantic making paladins and knights!
Wins-55 Draws-12 Lost-24 Heraldy made by Alleton
Zirrian (User)
M'ladies and knights of the Roundtable, I'd like to ask you to join the cause - we are currently (I pledged 225$) at 140k, and if we hit 150k, we'll get some elven cavalry, that can be easily used as bretonnians. Even better, after that, some pretty nifty stuff will be in production - Paladin Angels to name. I'm not a Mantic insider, but I copy what you get when you support the kickstarter:

Currently, this kickstarter has funded the design, sculpting and tooling of ten new plastic units, and 6 metal heroes:

- Werewolves
- Ogres
- Ogre Shooters
- Orc chariot/fight wagon
- Trolls
- Mummies
- Gargoyles
- Dwarf Berserker Cavalry
- Goblin Fleabag Cavalry
- Elven Palace Guard
- Abyssal Dwarf Immortal Guard

- 5 custom-designed kickstarter characters (metal).
- Kickstarter-exclusive skeleton dog handler (metal).

<you can find the pledge levels on the Kickstarter page>

Finally, Mantic has confirmed that all pledges that add up to $100+ get all the $100+ freebies, whether you pick a $100+ pledge or not.

For example, you can pledge $35, then add 3 boxes of special extras for $110 total, and still get your free orc chariot, map, etc.

This also applies to the $175 and $225 level pledges, your total amount pledged is what matters, not the pledge level, for the sake of determining what freebies you get.

Note - If you don't live in Europe, the US, or Canada (where shipping is free), then the additional $15 shipping fee does not count towards your pledge level, it needs to be on top of it.
Your worst Knightmare.

MajorMcNicol (User)
The Order of the Purple Brush in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline United States flag
This Kickstarter project is out of control! I know some people are upset about Kickstarter being used in this way - now that Mantic has raised almost $130,000 people are asking why isn't some of that money going to charity, etc. - but if you want Mantic products, this is the cheapest (and possibly coolest) way to get them!
40k, WFB, DW, FS:A, BFG, Necromunda, FOW blog: http://andygomez.wordpress.com/

Bretonnian Army Log:
http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=87&func=view&id=141764&catid=25&limit=15&limitstart=0

Kislev is land and land is Kislev.
Zirrian (User)
MajorMcNicol wrote:
This Kickstarter project is out of control! I know some people are upset about Kickstarter being used in this way - now that Mantic has raised almost $130,000 people are asking why isn't some of that money going to charity, etc. - but if you want Mantic products, this is the cheapest (and possibly coolest) way to get them!

Well, they promised something that other companies didn't - it's totally up to Mantic what they do with the money, but if the goal of this is plastic miniatures, then plastic minis will be made, and no donations for charity. Maybe I sound like a jerk, ut believe me, it's not the truth. And in addition: Sedition Wars gathered WAY more money than Mantic, and they still have 11 days to go (link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/sedition-wars-battle-for-alabaster).

Anyways, update: elven cavalry will be produced, five men unit over 175$ (you can choose whether you want the normal or twilight kin version), and two units of five over 225$. And the big deal: when they hit 175k$, some pretty awesome angel paladins will be in production. We have 5 days to gather the money, and I think I'm not the only one who wants to see them released (they would be pretty awesome - and cheaper - pegasus knights alternatives). Here's an artwork (so I guess they'll be produced without the kickstarter too, it would just help them to get it faster):
Your worst Knightmare.

MajorMcNicol (User)
They are also going to release an expansion book for the game with three new armies, right? For like $15 on Kickstarter?

Bretonnian Army Log:
http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=87&func=view&id=141764&catid=25&limit=15&limitstart=0

Zirrian (User)
MajorMcNicol wrote:
They are also going to release an expansion book for the game with three new armies, right? For like $15 on Kickstarter?

And not 25 pounds for one list Three human armies, angelic, demonic, and nature based ones. First in miniatures will be the angelic, and I guess we can use most of the miniatures from this range in Bretonnia.
Your worst Knightmare.

Larhendiel (User)
The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)
profile icon User Online Now United Kingdom flag
It reminds me soo much of my Augillac
Wins-55 Draws-12 Lost-24 Heraldy made by Alleton
Zirrian (User)
Paladin Angels are in, and you ca get them as a Buy One Get One Free deal (3 in a box, so for 25$ you'll get 6).

New stuff:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/kings-of-war/posts/250957

Artworks look good I can see a Warpath upgrade sprue, or gun arms from Corporation models to use them as SoB.

Your worst Knightmare.

MajorMcNicol (User)
Need less than $12,000 in the next 3 days to hit that last stretch goal!

Bretonnian Army Log:

Zirrian (User)
Yep, I hope that we'll get those nuns!

Also, new concept for Dwarven Cavalry:
Your worst Knightmare.

Zirrian (User)
Another update from the "oh god, oh god, oh god" kind...more sisters artwork!

No boobplates, no high-heels, I want at least a hundred of them!
Your worst Knightmare.

Zirrian (User)
Nuns are in! Next goal at 225k is something interesting for us: Celestian Men-at-Arms!

Your worst Knightmare.

kuba1899 (User)

profile icon User Offline
I just pledged 125 $ and those man at arms look really good concept-wise. Hope they reach 225k.
Zirrian (User)
You are damn right, they reached it in less than a day! Now Men-at-Arms are in, and foot paladins at 250k!

Also you can buy the Vampiress model for 10$, and a noice t-shirt for 25$ (best for trolling - or ogreing - ones who complains about the price hike).

Sorry for talking only about the Mantic sutff, but I found no others interesting enough. Avatars of War has slown down, and their chance to get their original goal is a biw lowered - but they'll have the plastic Shooty Dorfs fo' sure f they hit...erm...if my memory's right, 20k. Ah, also a plastic lord set will be done at one time.

So, back to Mantic. I've decided to get my stuffs in three parts (an army set for my friend at first, my dedicated rulebook which has my name in it in August, and every other stuffs in Q2-2013). When they arrive, I'll write a short review of them. If you haven't played the rules, check them out - though I love the rules for Warhammer, and Bretonnia, the simplicity of the game fascinates me. A 10000 points battle, which has about the same number of units as a WHFB battle with the same amount of points can be played in about three hours. It's much more strategical game, and lists are balanced. The Kingdom of Men, and the Celestials are the lists that are interesting to us, because we can use our bretonnian models. Currently I'm building an elven army for them, and a KoM as soon as their stuffs hit the shelves.
Your worst Knightmare.

Go to top Post Reply