Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Age of Sigmar (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Re:Age of Sigmar
Kaleb Daark (User)
profile icon User Offline
Re:Age of Sigmar 11 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I wonder if putrid blight kings sold out will actually be -rebrand under AoS new box / bases and possibly name?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sir Percival (User)
profile icon User Offline Australia flag
Time to paint up and touch up my old citadel foot knights .

Paladin making a heroic blow.
Bretonnia 8th Ed
Win/Draw/Loss
7 : 2 : 1
Baron (User)
Fantastic! That's a truly inspiring model, Sir Percival.
"Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red dawn!"
Sir Percival wrote:
Time to paint up and touch up my old citadel foot knights .

Paladin making a heroic blow.

Are those ermine spots hand painted?
Lord Gunter von Wissenberg
(once known as KWScott)
Halberd Pursuivant
Seneschal Collegium Turris Animarum
Member of The Order of the Dreigiau Bryn of Bryn Gwlad
Baron wrote:
I agree that there is little originality to be garnered these days, everything's been done in one form or another. All GW can really do is pick the best options for a interesting new setting that won't be considered ripoffs of other new franchises, which is far easier said than done.

How delightfully pessimistic of you, Baron!

I'm actually in the other boat, here. I think there's still a lot of room for new content, but it's both easier to profit off others' ideas and also a small shout-out to those who like others' ideas. Why they don't just delve into their own history, though, is a mystery. Who wouldn't want to see a return of Chaos Dwarves?
Baron (User)
Contrary to popular belief I'm not all flowers and sunshine.

It's been stated before that today's entertainment is the art of immitation, not innovation. There's nothing wrong with that of course, it just means one has to put certain twists on a subject to make it their own.

GW has a lot of resources from it's warhammer franchise, be it fantasy or 40k, to choose from and make used concepts their own. As long as the final product is pleasing to the fanbase, and doesn't have others cry "ripoff"(at least not too loudly), it should be okay.

It will be very interesting to see what they do with the new high fantasy setting.

As for chaos dwarves, I believe forgeworld announced to be making it's own warscrolls so we will have to wait and see if chaos dwarves make a updated return. Otherwise, It's sounding like red slayers might take the position somewhat as they'll work for chaos if enough coin is given.

As a sidenote, 1d4chan put up tactics for each race's warscroll but only Bretonnia is filled out.
Baron (User)
Re:Age of Sigmar 3 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hey, lads. Just thought this might interest some fellow AoS players, GW made an official facebook page for AoS.

https://m.facebook.com/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/?fref=ts

Also, can I ask one of the noble mods in moving the AoS rumor thread onto the AoS section? I'm certain the good Sir Wiegraf started one somewhere but I can't find it.

The rumor I wanted to post was an upcoming starter box containing Tzeentch models (booo) and Duardin (probably the Fyreslayers).
Calard (User)
The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)The Golden Palette 2015 (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Canada flag
Just posted to their FB page. The Return of the Questing Knights: Box Set!
Baron (User)
Hahaha, and how do you suppose they pull that one off?

It's just a group in charge of the media stuff not the developers and designers afterall.
Baron (User)
The mystery of why our noble line went out so early is solved! A grand alliance order battletome is on the horizon.

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,51473.msg976928.html#new

One step closer to the free peoples army and start collecting boxes for the forces of order.
Baron (User)
Re:Age of Sigmar 3 Months ago
Hey lads, just thought I'd give this thread a update on current AoS activities.

First off, the Godbeasts battletome.

Retailers have just been sent this:

A 288 page hardback book. The third in the Realmgate Wars series, joining Quest for Ghal Maraz and Balance of Power that allows all fans of Warhammer Age of Sigmar to fight in the deadly battles that rage between the forces of Chaos, Death, Order and Destruction. As the Everchosen seeks to gain dominion over the mysterious Godbeasts, that dwell in the realms and use them to assault Sigmaron itself. Lots of other forces join the war too, including Seraphon (Lizardmen), Brayherds & Warherds (Beastmen), Free Peoples – Candlemen (Empire), Fyreslayers (Dwarves), The Clans (Skaven) and Spiderfang Grots (Orcs & Goblins). This massive book contains something for everyone!

The book contains:
4 new Times of War – rules for fighting battles in the strange and mystical realms of Fire and Life
13 Battleplans that include advice on playing 3 and 4 player games and running campaigns for even more fun
14 Warscrolls for the main characters and units in the story
12 Warscroll battalions chosen from the many factions that are fighting in the war
Stage by Stage painting guides for the Tempest Lords, Anvils of the Heldenhammer, Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe, Bloodscorch Bulltribes and Clann Vrrtkin Skaven, plus a guide for painting a Realmgate and the Realm of the Battle Game board

Pre-order is up now.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Realmgate-Wars-3-Godbeasts-HB-EN

Also, a really great blog for those wondering on how to get started in AoS.

http://twoplustough.com/age-of-sigmar/

Final note, the rumors of the upcoming Tzeentch vs Duardin boardgame is that the current title of it will be Warhammer quest: Silver Tower.

A battle within an ever-changing dungeon while battling daemon horrors that break into smaller daemons upon death.

Lots to look forward to.
Last Edit: 2016/04/04 07:26 By Baron.
Tertius (User)
Something for everyone but Bretonnia?
Long Lost Wanderer
Baron (User)
And Tomb kings.

It's at least a big step forward from the focus of Stormcasts vs chaos. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the rest of the forces of Order. The high elves knight order and wood elf lore is looking good so far.
Baron (User)
Re:Age of Sigmar 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hey, lads! Just wanted to let those of you that are interested that there's a bit of a large AoS tournament going on that GW is covering. (The event is all over their facebook with 140 AoS participants. )

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/686899.page;jsessionid=B49AA8AB245CACEC04F40C9B00CD2387

Some of the centerpiece models for the armies are quite eye-catching as well, like this neat Dark Souls tribute.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1148051191882353&id=100000324490146&set=p.1148051191882353&source=47

(Speaking of which, it seems a Dark Souls TT game is on the horizon. http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/686311.page#8577246 )

Also, always nice to see Bretonnian fans don't let the spirit of chivalry falter even amongst the mortal realms.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205942037372654&id=1311217271&set=p.10205942037372654&source=47&refid=52&_ft_=top_level_post_id.464381180425347%3Atl_objid.464381180425347

On a personal note, my AoS orders finally arrived and I'm loving the new Order book. Now sadly Bretonnian itself is no longer apart of the setting but it's cool to see alot of knightly and royal backgrounds mentioned that may point to some nice future knight models.

For one, this lore footnote is one of several Stormcast backgrounds that mention royal families, household knights and last charges against the tide of chaos.

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/baronn1991/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1460276501450_zps55nrvvsc.jpg.html

The Azyrheim Lancehost is interesting as well as it's beginning was just from mortal men and elf knights riding out of Sigmar's realm and beating back chaos. Their numerous victories made Sigmar take notice and added his own Stormcast cavalry to their ranks.

http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/baronn1991/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1460276931578_zps3ktv9l77.jpg.html
I'm certainly hoping that these Cavaliers are expanded in both lore and models.

Finally, one of the new Aelf factions is the Order Draconis which is made up of high elf Dragon knights and heroes (one on dragon and one on horse). The crunch of this is a small but potent formation that lets the player charge again after they wipe out a unit but their background is what inspires me most.

Their order survived amongst the chaos controlled realms by pure skill and speed of their knights alone. Elven or not, I love the image of knights surviving against the odds like that while upholding their codes, protecting their lands and aiding their allies wherever they could.
http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/baronn1991/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1460276992327_zps9lpnevx8.jpg.html

Just my update to the thread.
Last Edit: 2016/04/10 10:17 By Baron.
Tertius (User)
Re:Age of Sigmar 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago

Let me get this straight. These are Bretmarines (converted from Sigmarines) ? ...by Mr. A. Granato, but not anything official from GeeDub??

I do like Bretmarines better than Sigmarines... ...le sigh. How big are those round bases again?
Last Edit: 2016/04/11 06:33 By Tertius.
Long Lost Wanderer
Go to top Post Reply