Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
New Rat Kin army (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: New Rat Kin army
Doc Rot (User)
profile icon User Offline
New Rat Kin army 1 Year, 8 Months ago
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/ratkin.pdf

for those of you who care

Bretonnian army list is in development - looks like its called The Brotherhood
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Baragash (User)

Re:New Rat Kin army 1 Year, 8 Months ago
It is called the Brotherhood, it's going to be Knights, professional soldiers and peasants + water-themed non-humans.

It's mainly being held up by trying to iron out one little detail in the fluff, but I hope to submit fluff version 3 with a tweak to that today, so I hope we're only a week away or so from releasing it.
Mantic Rules Committee: Kings of War & Warpath
Doc Rot (User)
Excellent news Sir.
CuSirch (User)
The Order of the Purple Brush in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Australia flag
I am really looking forward to this..
Baron (User)
Sounds promising!

The water elementals are a very nice idea. My only petty gripe is the title, most fantasies have brotherhoods indicating thieves guilds and assassin organizations.

That aside, I hope you lads the best of luck in making force to represent noble Bretonnia.
"Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red dawn!"
Baragash (User)

I think "Brotherhood" is a widely used term for any exclusive society regardless of how nefarious their activities may or may not be, but I didn't name it, I might see if it's worth a discussion to rename it though as the fluff has evolved since the name was created (and it wouldn't be the first renaming). Also as this is a mass-battle game with a macro-level view it doesn't really conflict with guilds, which are a mirco-level thing. If any games or fluff are developed down at that level they'll just have to find a different word if we don't change it.

Submitted v3 fluff yesterday and the first draft of the army list is done apart from some tweaks that I want to put in having thought about it, so if we can Skype this weekend it could be out by the end of it.
Doc Rot (User)
WOOOOHOOOOOO.

Bham in your face GeeDub.

Looks like Wednesday night I'll be using a new army. Was gonna take my undead out for a spin, but that'll do nicely.

The new Undead Soul Reaver models are the Bees Knees by the way. Definitely gonna be buying some of the mounted and foot troops next pay day, and some of those mummies. I ordered that Dungeon Saga game this month so I need to save up again for a while.

KoW is really gathering some decent pace down here in SA.

Keep up the good work.

Doc
Baragash (User)

Sir Percival (User)
profile icon User Offline Australia flag
I will definitely give this a go at some stage.
Bretonnia 8th Ed
Win/Draw/Loss
7 : 2 : 1
Baragash (User)

Baragash (User)

Baragash wrote:
Brotherhood list is now in beta:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XgQY5vVHs_V19N_2lsrpk59SIF9hi6_KDBqkmyitRro/edit#gid=483567253

FYI a major update has been released to the list. Having reviewed all the feedback, I decided that the inspiring army rule, whilst interesting, meant that people weren't "feeling" all-knight armies, and therefore the list didn't meet it's primary objective.

Also the "not-Questing Knight" Hero found his way back out of the woods and brought the army standard bearer with him

As always, please leave feedback here or (preferably) on the Mantic forum
Doc Rot (User)
Re:New Rat Kin army 1 Year, 7 Months ago
So I used these bad boys last night and I have to say they are brutal. I actually think they are overpowered.

The regenerating knights are extremely powerful.

The army is a very nice army to play, and you really do have numerous options of playstyles available to you. It really is a breath of fresh air.

Finally Bretonnia gets the long overdue update it deserves. Ironic that another company did it. But the gaming system, is much better than GeeDubs, so it's all good anyway.

I strongly urge you all to give KoW a go if you haven't done so already.
jtrowell (User)
It's true that def 5+ combined with regeneration is very powerful, probably worth as much as the rare def6+, or even better in some cases (against shooting for exemple), but they are also very expensive, so if you try to spam them you will soon find you overnumbered and surrounded, taking flank and rear attacks, or unable to enough hold objectives.

One unit however can make for a very solid way to hold the center or a specifik flank provided you don't expose them too much.
Doc Rot (User)
Indeed, very much indeed. The combo is brutal, plus the amount of damage they put out. I'm assuming the star next to them means they don't grant you a war machine/hero allocation (at least that's how I played them).

The Abyssal Hunt guys are also extremely powerful.

There are a lot of good builds in the army, a ton of flexibility. Spears are great against cavalry, so you really shouldn't just spam cavalry as you will come unstuck.
jtrowell (User)
the * does indeed mean that the unit is classified as "irregular", meaning that they count as a troop for the army construction, so they don't unlock anything and must be unlocked (but as any regiment unlock 2 troops and each horde 4, the troop limit is usually not a problem), this is a way to make them somewhat more rare and force at least a few other units in the army.
Go to top Post Reply