Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Tactics vs Orcs and Goblins (8th Edition) (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Tactics specific for a certain foe are discussed here.
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Tactics vs Orcs and Goblins (8th Edition)
rrw360 (User)
profile icon User Offline United States flag
Re:Tactics vs Orcs and Goblins (8th Edition) 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago
yes, as their fast cav are relatively week (unsurprisingly) and the bowmen would be able to put the pain on if you roll averages. If you want a unit to hunt fanatics divide them into two units of 16 (taking one out so the other unit can have braziers) so you still have another unit to shoot at other targets instead of one silly goblin.

Against goblins, they can thin out ranks decently well, but against orcs, you might get one or two if you are lucky per shooting phase because of the t4 (though if your foe runs savages, expect that the casualty amount to increase as they lack armor).

The bowmen also have a key perk to fighting O&G that may or may not come in handy. You can murder trolls easily if you roll a little above average. Here's why...

16 bowmen + braziers (16 shots)

We'll call your at long range, so you need 5's (we'll say your're lucky and get 6 hits)

two of those will then wound and the troll gets no regen save from it. Now if we do that with the other unit, that's a dead troll and another with a wound on it which will be much more difficult to get in close combat if you don't get the charge.

The rest of the book is hit and miss (apologies for the pun) with your archers effectiveness.
"For the Lady, for Glory, For Bretonnia!"

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Duncoman (User)
profile icon User Online Now United Kingdom flag
Fun fact- against Fanatics defensive stakes immediately destroy them as they count as obstacles:fences.

Covering your entire line with them would be extremely silly, but slightly humorous.
2014 Bretonnian Resolution Completion: 0/9

The Muster of the Marshal (My Army Journal)

*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Sign up Today!
rrw360 (User)
profile icon User Offline United States flag
Duncoman wrote:
Fun fact- against Fanatics defensive stakes immediately destroy them as they count as obstacles:fences.

This man deserves some kind of medal...
"For the Lady, for Glory, For Bretonnia!"

Artius (User)
The Order of the Silver Lance (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline
One way I love to deal with fanatics is by flying my peg pally or my peg knights into a nearby forest. It will trigger them but if they hit the forest they are dead. Bonus is that your peg knights will actually be stubborn if charged in the forest, while you can get rid of their steadfast if they are deep enough in the forest. I've had my peg knights chase down a unit of 50 night gobbos after receiving the charge in the forest.
66/101 Bretonnian Acheivements
Warhammer Fantasy - First Overall - Gottacon 2014: http://tinyurl.com/KoT-Gottacon
Champion of the 2013 Midwinter tournament
The Knights of Truth - Army Blog: http://tinyurl.com/Knights-of-Truth
Go to top Post Reply