Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Baron DeGrenbear's Mantica Expeditionary Force (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 1
TOPIC: Baron DeGrenbear's Mantica Expeditionary Force
CuSirch (User)
profile icon User Offline Australia flag
Baron DeGrenbear's Mantica Expeditionary Force 10 Months, 1 Week ago
Lord DeGrenBear, mighty Paladin of Bretonnia, Lord of the Lockland Hundreds, and second only to the Baron Chilfroy of Artois received a visitation by the Lady herself. This much was known. The content of which is unknown.
What is known the Lord hastily raised a force of Bretonnia's finest at the Lady's bequest. In doing so, gutting his personal and extended family's holdings of men and wealth. Most of his lesser vassals answered his calls to arms, but many fearing for their wealth and statue stayed cowered in their homes refusing the summons fearing his mind lost.
This mattered not to DeGrenbear, the lady new who would come. It would be enough.
The Muster of Lockland waited outside the forest. Unsure of what was to come, a reverent hush lay over the crowd. All eyes lay on the edge of the forest of Arden.
The baggage train of the group was massive, streaching over a mile towards the nearby town of Lestly. One thing was clear; DeGrenbear was planning to be gone for a while.
Errants by the Hundreds had gathered, only hearing a whisper of adventure had brought them. Even more amazing on the far left flank a whole lance of Grail knights had joined, Heraldry told of only in stories of years past were to be seen. Heroes of the past, brought out of their duties, to accompany this undertaking.
From the edges of the forest walked Damsals walked spaced about 5 yards abreast. Their hands upheld eyes glowing with the fey light. The mists of the forest surrounded the large group.
Things could be seen in the mist, never staying still long enough to be really seen. Screams of nervous horse’s echoed and the whimpering of peasants became almost deafening.
Slowly the mists subsided and it was clear they were no-longer in Artois, or even in Bretonnia. Before them was a green plain, gently sloping down away from them, and behind a large mountain range split in the middle with a thin pass leading through.
The booming Voice of DeGrenbear shattered the silence of the muster. “Form up, Ready yourselves. For battle is upon us.”
In the distance if you strained your eyes, you could just make out movement.

Lords and Ladies of the Round Table of Bretonnia. Thank you for looking at my Army Journal. About a year ago I started playing Kings of War, by Mantic games. Most of you would have heard of it. What many of you may not have known is that it is hands down the best game I have ever played. I have never enjoyed gaming so much, nor have I got so many games played. The best thing about Kings of War (KOW) is that in Mantica, Bretonnia is a real powerhouse. Once again opponents shudder at the sight of our Knights being put on the table. Enough of the KOW Sell lol.
This Expeditionary force is my attempt to bring my love of all things Bretonnia, over to my favourite game. The flexablitily of KOW lends itself to this being allowed. I even created a game legal Battlescribe army builder file for them. (attached)

Here is the start of my Force. They will all be based so as to be used for both WHFB and KOW.

I started with my First Paladin, This was my First Bretonnian for this army, I think it turned out pretty good.

Next i started painting the rest of the unit, I got one done before getting destracted lol.

I needed a Treb for my KOW army, so i built one.

I fell in love with the 5th edition Sculpts, especially the Men at arms. After many trades and Ebay pick ups, I got 40 or so of them of a nice big unit.

I needed to take a break from painting so many of the Low born so I Painted a Damsel.

I am currently working on a Regt of Pole-armed Perry plastics and a Troop of 5th Edition Knight Errants, our Kings of war Facebook group Painting challenge, ill post those as they get done.

Any comments or advice welcome.

Thanks for looking

Chris
Last Edit: 2014/09/20 06:14 By CuSirch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
      Topics Author Date
    thread link
Baron DeGrenbear's Mantica Expeditionary Force Favorite
CuSirch 2014/01/14 05:52
    thread link
thread linkthread link Re:Baron DeGrenbear's Mantica Expeditionary Force
Legend 2014/01/14 12:21
    thread link
CarpeNoctum60 2014/01/14 17:37
    thread link
thread linkthread linkthread link Re:Baron DeGrenbear's Mantica Expeditionary Force
Edmund Droitcoeur 2014/01/14 21:34
    thread link
CuSirch 2014/01/14 23:29
    thread link
CuSirch 2014/01/17 10:15
    thread link
thread linkthread linkthread link Re:Baron DeGrenbear's Mantica Expeditionary Force
Sir_Jack 2014/01/17 19:35
    thread link
CuSirch 2014/01/22 08:51
    thread link
Legend 2014/01/22 12:17
    thread link
Artinam 2014/01/22 13:10
    thread link
thread linkthread linkthread linkthread link Re:Baron DeGrenbear's Mantica Expeditionary Force
Constable Bertrand 2014/01/24 23:42
    thread link
CuSirch 2014/01/25 00:34
    thread link
CuSirch 2014/05/02 07:37
    thread link
CuSirch 2014/09/20 06:33
    thread link
Baron 2014/09/20 07:20
    thread link
Count Giulius 2014/09/20 10:31
    thread link
thread linkthread linkthread linkthread link Re:Baron DeGrenbear's Mantica Expeditionary Force
CuSirch 2014/09/23 04:28
Go to top Post Reply