Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:2015 or 2016 (2 viewing) (2) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:2015 or 2016
Tertius (Moderator)
profile icon User Offline
2015 or 2016 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago
When did GW cease selling Bretonnian model kits? Was it last fall, November or September of 2016?
Long Lost Wanderer
The administrator has disabled public write access.
NigeslSquire (User)
profile icon User Offline United States flag
Re:2015 or 2016 2 Weeks, 2 Days ago
Tertius wrote:
When did GW cease selling Bretonnian model kits? Was it last fall, November or September of 2016?

I'm not sure exactly when they were officially taken down, but there was a "last Chance" re-stock of the Battalion boxes and knights of the realm in April of 2016. I believe that was the last time they were sold on the GW website (as that was when I purchased my Battalions)
Doc Rot (User)
The prices on ebay are ridiculous. 50 quid for some bowmen and 150 notes for a battalion. Outrageous. Though i don't know who's buying it given that they don't exist anymore and there are a lot of better models out there e.g. Perry
NigeslSquire (User)
Doc Rot wrote:
The prices on ebay are ridiculous. 50 quid for some bowmen and 150 notes for a battalion. Outrageous. Though i don't know who's buying it given that they don't exist anymore and there are a lot of better models out there e.g. Perry

Sheepishly raises hand. Guilty of buying on eBay. There may be better miniatures by other companies, but I wanted to paint the GW ones specifically. But yes, they are inflated now that the miniatures are off the shelves.
I got a really good deal for my army on ebay, 300 dollars for a nearly complete army, lots of peasants! (yay!) lords, green knight, 2 trebs, questiong and grail knights.. etc.. That being said, I'm still looking to fill in gaps, so I'll probably be looking to either Perry Mini's or from FireForge
-
Sir Agravaine De La Launce
Knight of the Crusades
"Sous les Gracies de Notre Lady Elle Ne nous abandonnera pas~
Under the Graces of Our lady She will Not Desert Us"

Doc Rot (User)
Re:2015 or 2016 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago
Fireforge models are very sexy too
NigeslSquire (User)
Re:2015 or 2016 2 Weeks, 1 Day ago
The ones that make me the saddest are the Questing Knights. I was able to get the core 5 but there were a number of other figures that only came in blisters, and whenever they appear on eBay people charge insane prices. "The Cook" is up on eBay right now (already painted to a table top standard but by no means well enough to justify the price) for a buy-it-now of $119!

I'd love to get the individually blisered ones, as those questing knights have a ton of character, but it looks like that is probably not going to happen at those prices...
De Rochefort (Admin)
The Order of the Dragon in Gold (Click to see more)Le Loup d'Argent - the Silver Wolf (Click to see more)The Order of the Tactician in gold (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Italy flag
Re:2015 or 2016 2 Weeks ago
I had a second spare Grail Knights 6th ed box unopened.
I wanted to sell it on ebay. I asked 50€, I ended to receive 100€ !
I understand people want the original models, I want them too.
Other companies selle good models, but they are IMHO only an expansion to my current collection.

FireForge infantry is great, but their knights are far way worse then 5th models (especially the horse) and scale too small for 6th ed.

Marquess Etien De Rochefort
Lord of the Borderlands of Quenelles
Living Saint
Friend of the Faery People
Glorious Savior of the Empire
Doc Rot (User)
Re:2015 or 2016 2 Weeks ago
Perry Miniatures all the way baby!

I have 7 of the original Grail Knights (the metal 5th ed ones), including the champion. I wonder how much they all go for these days.
Re:2015 or 2016 1 Week, 5 Days ago
I have several of the old metal models as well. My experience is, that you can never tell what you get on ebay. I have seen foot knights being sold for 20+ Euros each. Then only a few weeks later, the very same knight was sold for less than 12 Euro. Same goes for mounted squires. Sometimes people just buy them for 14 Euro a piece. Then a 5 "horse" squad goes for less than 30 Euros.

I bought 30 Pilgrims (including the reliquae) and 14 Mounted Squires on a forum a year ago. All unpainted and some still in Blisters. I thought about selling them, but as soon as they are gone i probably regret selling them :-P
NigeslSquire (User)
Re:2015 or 2016 1 Week, 5 Days ago
Gilbert de Bretagne wrote:
...My experience is, that you can never tell what you get on ebay. I have seen foot knights being sold for 20+ Euros each. Then only a few weeks later, the very same knight was sold for less than 12 Euro. Same goes for mounted squires. Sometimes people just buy them for 14 Euro a piece. Then a 5 "horse" squad goes for less than 30 Euros.

Very true! I barely missed out on a pack of 5 blisters of the old mounted squires for $15. I usually see them for $15 a blister. It pays to look often and you might find a really good deal. It seems like the prices settle around $10 to $15 a miniature, but there are quite a few above and below that mark.
Go to top Post Reply