Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Total WarHammer by sega (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 2
TOPIC: Total WarHammer by sega
Larhendiel (User)
The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
Total WarHammer by sega 11 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Wins-55 Draws-12 Lost-24 Heraldy made by Alleton
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Mayne (User)
profile icon User Offline Slovenia flag
Re:Total WarHammer by sega 11 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I am so excited by this!
The whole day i was thinking of this awesomish trailer...
In secret I was hoping that they would some day make it happen (since the first Total War came out).
Dark Omen was GREAT for it's time. I had a blast with it and I hope that the TOTAL WARHAMMER will be a great successor of the long "dead" game
For my Land, my People, our King and The Lady of the Lake. (and Arti will always be missed)
SubTukkZero (User)
profile icon User Offline Canada flag
Yes! YES!!! YEEESSSS!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!
Thank the Lady!!!

Bretonnia had better be playable
"The nights grow long yet evil never sleeps, and neither can the champions of justice." - Sir Kevan, Champion of the Lady
Larhendiel (User)
The Order of the Purple Brush in gold (Click to see more)
The only "hint" about Bretonnians is at 1:53 or so with the massive cavalry charge but I couldn't distinguish them from empire tinheads, picture quality wasn't good.
Also sega nowadays loves puzzles so I am sure we will have jigsaw with all other races
Wins-55 Draws-12 Lost-24 Heraldy made by Alleton
Artinam (Moderator)
The Order of the Dragon in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
I have no doubt Bretonnia will be very easy to include via mods and the like.
Long Live the Fighters!
Honneur aux armes, respect aux maitres!
based on how total war works and what they have said, we will be there from launch alongside all other races, but we might not be playable unless you buy a pack. probably for about £5

I would guess the expansions they discuss might cover the new world and the desert kingdoms or something like that

also bear in mind that whilst we don't appear in the trailer at all, neither do elves skaven, lizardmen, tomb kings etc etc. The only races that are there are empire, orks, dwarves and vaguely chaos
For how can man die better,
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods
Baron (User)
profile icon User Offline
Artinam wrote:
I have no doubt Bretonnia will be very easy to include via mods and the like.

The irony there is that the mod "call of warhammer" could have easily done so but didn't include a Bretonnian army either. The only Bretonnians in it are as mercenaries that are difficult to acquire.

I have high hopes for a Bretonnian army as I've seen that several warhammer fans had helped Creative Assembly with the game and that Bretonnians are a playable faction in Blood bowl 2.
"Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red dawn!"
miku hatsune (User)
Re:Total WarHammer by sega 9 Months, 1 Week ago
The bretonnians are being added later on so just wait remember Patience is a virtue also the time it would take to mod in the Bretonnians with the existing models unless converting from Attila or Rome this comes from and experienced moder with total war it will just be easier and faster to wait for Bretonnia to be added.

(。・ω・)ノ゙ ^.^
chivalry and bushido like white and brown bread ^.^

Justice
Courage
Mercy
Politeness
Honesty
Honour
Loyalty
and self control
Baron (User)
Re:Total WarHammer by sega 9 Months, 1 Week ago
One can only hope. Very true though, about patience, the best things come to those that wait.

Anyway, I've been visiting the total war center for a while now and every leak I've seen looks very promising. I sincerely wish to see a future trailer with Bretonnians, it would make my year.

Also, you say you're a moder, Sir Tom? Have you perchance seen the work of a fellow called UndyingNephalim? His work on Hyrule total war is impressive to say the least.
miku hatsune (User)
Re:Total WarHammer by sega 9 Months ago
no I have not sorry but will check it out thank for the heads up Baron. I focus more around third age and my asterix and oblix mod I did looks pretty dumb overall but I like the quirky side of it. not done anything in a while though as I have turned away from TW into towards Eu4 and LOL.

(。・ω・)ノ゙ ^.^

Justice
Courage
Mercy
Politeness
Honesty
Honour
Loyalty
and self control
Baron (User)
Haha, glad I could enlighten you.

Also, don't feel bad about your early work in the world of cyber animation and modding. No one starts out a pro, it takes effort and dedication to become great.

Here's a link to the first mission of Hyrule total war. You'll probably note as you watch, mission to mission, how UndyingNephalim has vastly improved with his cinematics. (This was so good that the trailer was considered to be shown alongside Hyrule warriors at E3 once.)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0Q3ywwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DA1tIrjTjR_I&rct=j&q=hyrule%20total%20war%20missions%201&ei=queaVZK6HcbEsAWE2q-QAg&usg=AFQjCNE62VJxoP0KCukRe2-hoUSLftr7Cg
miku hatsune (User)
That Mod looks amazing to the standard of that of third age or darthmod did not think that you could make cut scenes like that in earlier total war unless using another source. My favourite has to be the crab things (lack of Zelda knowledge showing) could not for the life of me understand how he could have made them but I assume they are based of elephants due to the knock up on contact and the tankiness of them. Thanks for the link Btw

(。・ω・)ノ゙ ^.^

Justice
Courage
Mercy
Politeness
Honesty
Honour
Loyalty
and self control
Baron (User)
No problem, friend.

Indeed though, all agree UndyingNephalim is a genius at his craft (though he calls himself a madman). He estimates that he should be done with his missions by 2027, that's true dedication. (he was also working on a game for star fox but put it on the backburner due to Zelda being far more popular, makes me think of GW's problems in reverse really.)
Agladar (User)
If people are interested to know, the first Total War Warhammer is just going to the Empire, Vampire Counts, Orks and Dwarfs. Chaos is likely going to be an unplayable faction with a high chance of it using the Horde mechanic introduced in Attila Total War. Currently its release is going to occur at an undisclosed time in 2016, so we have a fair bit to wait still alas. So no Bretonnia with first release.

However!

The good news is that this game is going to be the first in a Trilogy. Each will function as a standalone game BUT if you own 2 or more you can combine your overall map to include the maps of the other games. (Essentially you could have the entire Warhammer Map.) As everyone knows, Warhammer Fantasy has 13 playable factions. If we speculate that the two following games will follow the same format of releasing Two factions of Order and Two of Disorder. My guess based off of the Geography of the World and the fact that these are all standalones that would require a campaign map pertaining to zones, is that following Games will include:

2nd Total War Warhammer

1. High Elves
2. Lizardmen
3. Dark Elves
4. Chaos

3rd Total War Warhammer
1. Bretonnia
2. Wood Elves
3. Skaven
4. Tombs Kings

DLC - Ogre Kingdoms - I think due to the simplicity of the faction, and the small amount of variation that this faction could be done passably in a DLC
DLC - Albion, Tilea, Estalia, Kislev, Norsca, Cathay, Nippon, Araby, Kingdom of Ind. - Essentially a mashup of everything thats left. While its unlikely we'll see the minor factions as playable, SEGA loves to release DLCs to milk as much money as possible from their games (As can be seen by Rome Total II and Attila.)

Thats my thoughts, anyway. I am really excited for the game.

Cheers,

Agladar
miku hatsune (User)
SEGA and GW have a lot in common cough cough Money Farmers but at least they produce good products if only GW had an equivalent of the steam sale like all Bretonnia being 75% off 1 week of summer etc. but that will probably only happen when pigs fly. Quick stop buying GW and invest in flying pigs.
(。・ω・)ノ゙ ^.^

Justice
Courage
Mercy
Politeness
Honesty
Honour
Loyalty
and self control
Go to top Post Reply