Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 10
TOPIC: Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread
fatbat (User)

profile icon User Offline
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 1 Year, 9 Months ago
Iwondered whether you would gain more of a benefit buying an expensive item and making a percentage markup if you sold it through the merchanting community - or whether it was easier to turn a few pennies on cheap stuff and sell in bulk..

there are items which have a D6 randomiser which would seem to be more lucrative..

as for the horsie I know I can walk it to market and sell it for beans or preferably a bag of 80 gold. I wondered if you may be able to sweeten the deal for me?

Cheers!
Honest Magister Latchkey

Post Script - the steed was slaughtered - hey ho.
Last Edit: 2014/08/10 11:34 By fatbat.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
fatbat (User)

The posessed were holed up in a rundown farmhouse - still searching for Crank their posessed who had left a trail they were following. Unbeknown to the band their spoor had been picked up by the Grail Knights..

Thunk! the first shot took John and his steed down trapping him under the corpse of the once magnificent animal.. Latchkey took one to the chest while resting beneath an opposite window and a clothyard stuck into Bastinardo with little power.

The band leapt from the straw slamming the shutters - hearing the shouts of humans outside who surged onto the farmhouse. One window was smashed in and the crackshot took Dinsdale in the back - a severe wound -

The Knights rushed the door hacking Scab down - It was all over - the band of posessed had been able to close the windows - their weaponry still slung and stuck into belts.

Bastinardo looked around at the carnage in shock
Duncoman (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
How are we all doing? Has everyone caught up with their games?
The Muster of the Marshal (My Army Journal)
LordNecro8000 (User)

I think I've finished my 2 matches for this cycle.
Hellkite (User)
I've wrapped both mine up- enjoyed em, learnt a lot and now ready for the next wave!
Last Edit: 2014/08/12 22:15 By Hellkite.
Duncoman (User)
Okay guys and gals, I'll be posting up Game 10 late tonight, and will post up the matchups too. Anyone got any particular warband they have a grudge against and would like to face?
Hellkite (User)
I'm away from my laptop for the next week, so might be an idea if I stay out of this match up, unless anyone wants a later game starting Monday the 24th?
Duncoman (User)
Our cycle will be over the two weeks ending on the 29th/30th August. So you should be able to sneak in a usual game Hellkite!

I'll be posting the game tomorrow morning instead of tonight, as my shift went on longer than expected and I am pooped!
Duncoman (User)
Game 10

Magic users in the Three Dukedoms have woken screaming in the night. Those who may not be able to manpulate magic, but who are unconsciously aware of it, awoke in a cold sweat. Something has altered in the winds of the Three Dukedoms, and all have noticed it. A failed attempt at using the machine has bought the warbands time, but, from each small village, each unmarked battle site, each churchyard, something is stumbling in the darkness, and it is hungry...

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Terrain

The warbands have been roused from a temporary camp in the wilderness. There should be no more than two buildings on the map, including no more than one non-ruined building.

Warbands

Both players roll a D6 to see who deploys first. Whoever rolls highest sets up first, within 8" of the table edge of his choice. His opponent then sets up within 8" of the opposite edge.

Starting the game

Both players roll a D6. The highest scoring player takes the first turn.

Scenario Special Rules

"Look out, Zombies!"
There are creatures about, activated by magic and pulling themselves from the earth where they lay- not just your typical zombie, but any and all creatures that have died in the area. At the start of each turn, roll a D6. This is how many zombies appear. They will appear in a randomly determined piece of terrain. In addition, if you roll a 6, one of the Zombies is not your typical zombie! Roll another D6 and consult the table below – all will Cause Fear, be Undead, and Immune to Psychology if they are not already (they're zombies after all!). They will have no weapons or equipment, but will not suffer any negatives for fighting unarmed (it's presumed they will have a rusted weapon or inhuman strength remaining in their hands). Please note the slightly alternate statlines included below.

1. Beastman Gor - M4 WS3 BS0 S3 T4 W1 I3 A1 LD7
2. Skeleton - M4 WS3 BS0 S3 T3 W1 I2 A1 LD10
3. Ghoul - M5 WS3 BS0 S4 T3 W1 I3 A2 LD6
4. Orc - M4 WS4 BS0 S3 T4 W1 I2 A1 LD7
5. Skaven - M6 WS3 BS0 S3 T3 W1 I4 A1 LD6
6. Possessed with no mutations (One of Teesla's failed or abandoned Experiments has been activated!) - M5 WS4 BS0 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 LD8

All Zombies move randomly (roll a scatter dice and 2D6 to determine their movement, or, for Mordheim Online Purposes, a D12 for direction (face of a clock), and 2D6 for distance), or towards the nearest model within 12”, and charge them if possible. If there is a magic user within 18”, the Zombies will be inexplicably drawn to them and move towards them instead, charging them above other models if possible.

Magical Flux
There is magic all over the Dukedoms tonight, and not all of it is beneficial. Any time a spellcaster attempts to cast a spell, they must add D6 to the result. If this extra dice is a 6, then the caster takes a S4 hit, but the spell goes off first (so could help to save it!).

Ending the game

The game ends when one warband fails its Rout test. The routers automatically lose.

Experience

+1 Survives - If a Hero or a Henchman group survives the battle they gain +1 Experience.

+1 Winning Leader - The leader of the winning warband gains +1 Experience.

+1 Per Enemy Out of Action - Any Hero earns +1 Experience for each enemy he puts out of action. This includes the Zombies!

+2 Per Zombie Possessed Out of Action – Taking down one of Teesla's creations is worth the extra effort! Any model gets +2 Experience (in addition to the usual +1 for taking an enemy OOA if they are a Hero) for taking a Zombie Possessed OOA.
Duncoman (User)
GAME 10 MATCH-UPS

Duncoman (Witch Hunters) vs. LazyPapa (Skaven)

Klinktastic (Orcs and Goblins) vs. Fatbat (Possessed)

Hellkite (Merchant Caravan) vs. Lastsurvivor (Lahmians)

Ash (Beastmen) vs. LordNecro (Chapel Guard)

As usual, any issues with the match ups (I've tried to put players together who haven't played recently best I can), any questions about the scenario, any particular grudges you'd like to play out next game with someone, please let me know.

Have a good game everyone!
fatbat (User)

Sorry guys - I am dropping out of the campaign for the next couple of months. I wanted to let you know rather than limping along.
Cheers!
Hellkite (User)
In that case perhaps Klink wants to take my place fighting the Lahmians? I'm away atm, and so won't be able to play any games until next Monday.

Hellkite
klinktastic (User)

I'm tied up for the rest of this week. I should be able to kick something off this weekend.
Duncoman (User)
Re:*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Thread 1 Year, 8 Months ago
Hey all, how is everything going? I've been away for the best part of a week without t'internet, so I apologise to LazyPapa if I've been a bit slow replying.
Go to top Post Reply