Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Rumors. (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 9
TOPIC: Re:Rumors.
Artinam (Moderator)
The Order of the Dragon in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
Re:Rumors. 4 Months ago
It never did, only the bearer's wardsave is improved
Long Live the Fighters!
Honneur aux armes, respect aux maitres!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Taki (User)

profile icon User Offline
I like having a 4+ ward save that's also a shield, I know the FAQ took away our ability to use it with our mounts.
Old bold knight (Moderator)
The Order of the Storytellers in silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
Cheers Artinam, I thought that was the case!
The price of rank is duty.
fen1x (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
If this will take place there is no hope for GW...Whole August of another 40K release ;(
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/07/space-wolves-release-schedule-latest.html
Calard (User)
profile icon User Offline Canada flag
Testing?
Calard (User)
profile icon User Offline Canada flag
September: Was that when the first released the last army?
Lady Sabrina (User)
The Order of the Tactician in gold (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline United States flag
Agreed. I've seen, and am planning on getting, a battle board from war-zone.com. Depending on the size, run $88-$150 ish. Multiple sizes & terrain color available. Also one of the few terrain companies that are still around since I started in the hobby almost 15 yrs ago.

Valeli wrote:
I'm so tired of plasma pistols and power armor and now 40k battle boards and campaigns
I don't get the battle boards. This isn't a knock against you in anyways (you said you bought one of the smaller ones), but I don't understand why someone would pay nearly 1000 dollars for a gaming board. I know GW's not a cheap hobby, especially of late, but 1000 dollars is a pretty serious investment. I know everyone earns their own money and is entitled to use it however it makes them happy of course... but what I don't get is why invest in this - especially when it's entirely nonessential.

I've seen some artistic people put together really, really awesome boards. More so for 40k where they get to dabble in all the statues and architecture and stuff. I've seen cool fantasy boards too, but on the whole those tend to be simpler in my experience, with nicely done modular rivers, forests, etc. The point is, with a lot of effort these guys put out boards I think look as good/better than the one's GW is selling, and I they're not spending near 1000 dollars to do it. They have fun making it, and get a kick out of owning something they've put a lot of effort in when it's all done.

If you're not inclined towards the artistic side of the hobby (which I understand... I totally neglected it when I first picked up the game as a kid and played with my unprimed metal minis), then why are you worried about artsy boards in the first place? I remember using boxes, cans, etc to provide serviceable hills and what not. With a bit more age, a bit more skill, and a bit more interest in making things look nice my friends and I progressed to using leftover Styrofoam to make passable bunkers, ruins, towers, and what not. You can get something that looked a lot nicer than a plain old box with some styrofoam and 15 minutes.

1000 dollar boards puzzle me. If I wanted to be really pretty with my board, I'd invest a lot of time making one. If I didn't want a really pretty board, there are amazingly cheaper alternatives that work perfectly well.

I guess there's a small subsection of the client base that wants pretty boards, has a lot of money, and yet has no real interest in the artistic side of the hobby. Like I said up top, this isn't a knock on those folks. They're totally entitled to buy all the boards they want, and more power to them. But can that subsection of players seriously be large enough for GW to consistently produce these things? That's what baffles me. I just can't possibly imagine there are many of those guys, yet GW keeps making really expensive terrain sets, so there must be something going on. Is it just that they get enormous profit margins from selling a very low quantity of boards, so that the production costs are balanced in the end even if very few people buy them (sort of like expensive cars, although those at least usually come with good engines and systems most people couldn't rig up on their own)? Or do a lot more people buy them than I imagine or have seen?

As far as 40k/Fantasy releases... yeah. GW's really been going 40k heavy. Which is fair I guess, since it's the more popular system. I wish there was a bit more balance though, lest they start up one of those chicken egg things (40k is more popular, so we support it more, so it gets more popular, so we support it more, etc, etc). I've always been a bigger fan of fantasy, and would hate to see it truly start to be neglected. Hopefully they have some big fantasy push in store or something. I wouldn't really mind seeing armies come out after the new edition of fantasy either, because I'm pretty curious to see what direction GW plans on taking the system. They seem to want to do some of the IP and large model stuff that's been successful in 40k, but also seem to be having a bit of trouble figuring out just how to best do that. I'd like to see what they decide is the "right" way to do that before investing in another army or seriously refurbishing a present one (because if their new "right" doesn't fit with mine, I might reluctantly decide to not buy in for the moment). That's less of a problem if you're just in it for the, admittedly gorgeous, models and hobbying though.

As for dragons, I really don't see that fitting bretonnia. At all.

It would be really nice to be able to take all of the special characters on regular horses though, rather than needing monstrous mounts. Monstress mounts so often make things inaccessible at lower point levels, or provide easy targets at higher ones (I've never had luck getting middling monstrous creatures like griffons to play really well in larger games where there's enough missile fire, and in smaller games they become a very significant point investment I don't like taking).

Heraldry designed by Sir Guy des Bontemps
skavenmatt (User)
I love war-zone's terrain, I have some ruins that they released about 8 years ago that are great.
Hi guys,

Any rumors for today? I must admit, I am just tired waiting for a miracle. I`ve log on my blog today, wanted to do some hobby with Bretonnia but...naaaah.

I am loosing my connection with this army. I`ve played 40k last few months just because my favorite WFB army is not developed anymore.

C`mon, tell me sth to cheer me up.
Taki (User)

We're up next according to all the most accurate rumor mongers, and from all accounts it should be before the end of the year. My guess, if Btown follows the same pattern as all the other books, is that we'll get 10 new units (or old units split up, like separate spearmen/halberdier men at arms) and 2 new lords and 3 new heroes. Again, that's if they follow the same pattern that they've used on other army books
The next 5 weeks are Space Pups, followed by Blood angels and Dark Eldar with a similar "limited edition" boxed set as Space Puppies and SpOrks. That would appear to be the next 14-15 weeks worth of releases, which puts the next 'unknown' GW release starting out the month of November.

What comes in November, who knows. I have heard LoTR, Nurgles, Daemons...

My best guess is that Bret's will not be released until January or February of 2015
Sir Aaric, Lord of the Green, Shield of the North, Defender of the Lady, Scourge of the Orcal
Second son of the Duke of Quenelles

Host of the Harvest Faire 2014
http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=87&func=view&catid=2&id=154008#154008
wasn't lotr handed over to forge world? i'd be surprised to see any updates - except for the last hobbit film of course...

Ed
Timidi Mater Non Flet
Restarted the Midsummer/Winter Jousts
Hosted the Midsummer's Tourney 2013 + Champion 2014
Anniversary Literature Competition 2013 - 2nd Place

My Army Journal: http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=87&func=view&catid=25&id=154491#154491
Artinam (Moderator)
The Order of the Dragon in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
Sad times that Warhammer Fantasy looks a bit abandoned.
Long Live the Fighters!
Honneur aux armes, respect aux maitres!
Valeli (User)
Hobbit comes out around Christmas though, doesn't it?

If so, a november/december release for new hobbit stuff would make sense, since it seems that that game is super tied into the franchise.
Taki (User)

I think we'll see Bretonnia in November. It's my birth month, so I'm expecting GW to give me a present!
Go to top Post Reply