Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:What are your "exotic" unit ideas? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:What are your "exotic" unit ideas?
skavenmatt (User)
profile icon User Offline United States flag
Re:What are your "exotic" unit ideas? 4 Months ago
I miss the old tristran and jules duo running around with their special song abilities, they had one that made their unit ld 10. Maybe the band could have something like that? In the 5th edition army book we had the points cost for a unicorn even though only the fey enchantress could ride them. I remember reading somewhere that only the most pure females could even get close to a unicorn. Maybe bretonnia could overcome the no women combatants stance, and a unit of unicorn riding women knights could be a fancy pantsy new unit. I don't think it will, but maybe.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I would love to see Tristan and Jules making a comeback!

But definitely no unicorn-riding female knights, please. I like that Bretonnians, of all the races, are one of the most grounded when it comes to magic and fantasy and such.

You do bring up a great point about the most-pure women being able to approach a unicorn. I just got a second Repanse model, and I think I'll have to model a female Grail Knight riding a unicorn now.
Re:What are your 4 Months ago
firemission4mortars wrote:
I'm still kind of toying with an idea.

An army band.

Use the standard peasant statline

they are a link in the chain of command.As long as they are within the leadership bubble of knights or general,they can broadcast that leadership and extend its range.

ppppp bbbbb knights
ppppp----6"----bbbbb------6"------knights
ppppp bbbbb knights
ppppp bbbbb

peasant band

If a unit is in range of the band ,and the band is in range of the general then certain orders can be issued.[once per turn]

a. free reform to a single unit
b. pregame arrow salvo to a single unit
c. reroll charge distance to a single unit
d. act as spotter for a treb[if general can see tgt then the treb doesn't have fire to do indirect]
e. ability to rally fleeing troops below 25%

Or whatever else might be appropriate.

cost around 7 ppm or 9 ppm with stubborn [under or overcosted?]

I originally envisioned this for Empire,but could work with Bretonnia,and would be a cool way to use up all the extra musician bitz we all have.

I don't think this will happen, but a sweet idea. I've been collecting the OOP metal drummers from the men-at-arms command for several years and have just gotten enough to field a 20-man unit. I really want a drum corp out there! But 20 is not enough, so might need to add some horns...
Unicorn-riding females (say "priestesses of the lady" would be perfectly in line with what they did with those puny dark and wood elves. I personally wouldn't mind having a unit of magic users+fast cavalry like sisters of the thorn/warlocks! They could have, for example, the Wyssan's Wildform and a Heavens spell?
For an exotic unit, how about spectral Grail knights and/or pilgrims, who are so devoted to the Lady that they defend Bretonnia even after death? The unit could function much like a spirit host or other ethereal unit.
Another new unit I think would be good would be tournament knights
Knights that are not interested in serving the lady so they join jousting teams
Have +3 on the charge instead of +2 due to their skill with the lance but cannot gain the blessing of the lady and wear light armour same stat line as errant knight just not as crazy

And for knights on foot I think disgraced knights would be good. Knights who disgraced themselves on their quests or afterwards. Trying to prove their worth again to the lady. Reason for being on foot is that no bretonnian warhorse would carry them. Have to be placed a certain distance away from all other knights except errant knights in the deployment phase as they disgust and terrify them if they do get within a certain distance of the other knights the proper knights suffer a penalty in leadership because they are too worried about these knights to be fully concentrating on their orders.
Go to top Post Reply