Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 3
TOPIC: Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread
klinktastic (User)

profile icon User Offline
Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread 2 Months ago
Aethelwulf's Marauders – Game 3 – Breakthrough vs Swords of Armand

Bjorn had visions again last night. It was obvious, as he was red eyed and weary this morning.

Bjorn: “Aethelwulf, I must speak to you. I was visited by Tchar and informed of an important task. Apparently, to the east lies an ancient shrine to Tchar. He has requested that we secure the shrine from any trespassers. Ample rewards were promised for success. However, failure to pursue this task would not bode well for either of us.”

Aethelwulf knew he had little choice in the matter. He beckoned for Geirstein his renowned hunter to come to him.

Aethelwulf: “Geirstein, the great one Tchar has requested of us a task. A shrine of Tchar lies to the east of here. Are you familiar with the area?”

Geirstein: “Yes my Zar. It’s is a wooded area, but not a full forest. I have not seen a shrine, but mayhaps Changer of Ways had decided not to reveal its presence until now. Such is the way of gods to mortal men.”

Aethelwulf: “Indeed my friend. Gather the troops, we march at once.“

Aethelwulf’s Marauders marched a half day to the area guided by Geirstein and Bjorn. They arrived through the woods to see a simple shrine in the distance. Between the Marauders and the shrine was a retinue of Bretonnian Knights. They had certainly come to sack and raze the shrine.

Aethelwulf:
“They must be stopped! Destroy them!”

The Marauders moved forward to lose a volley of arrows at the knights. Skardi’s arrow struck true, toppling the commander of the Swords of Armand in one shot. The Knights Errant, emboldened by their commander being wounded, surged forth to meet the Marauders in melee. However the terrain to their advantage, the Marauders charged first. Warhound enraged by the barbed whip of Bjorn, and hardened northern steel, the Bretonnian knights suffered casualty after casualty. Once enough damage had been inflicted, even the impetuous knights errant had the good sense to retreat.

Aethelwulf’s Marauders secured the shrine. True to his word, the Changer of Ways, provided rewards for the victorious Marauders. Amongst the shrine, there were many treasures and even a Chaos Centaur who had wandered to the shrine, had run to the shrine for protection against the knights which had pursued it for sport. The Centaur, thankful for being saved agreed to join Aethelwulf as long as enough mead and ale was provided to it.
Last Edit: 2014/05/14 15:19 By klinktastic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
vladamex (User)

Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread 2 Months ago
Pistoliers background:

Wilhelm Friedman, also known as "Speedy" by both friends and foes alike for the legendary skills in handling his pistols, was a famous bandit from the town of Marienburg. Together with his two "brothers in arms", Fritz Ulrich and Johann Klopp, he was leading the notorious Pistoliers, a band of high-class rich kids who turned into renegades out of pure boredom.

At first they young rich-boys were just looking to stir up their boring lives a bit and have some adrenaline flow through their veins. But over time, as one "innocent" adventure followed after another, they slowly crossed to the "grey side" of the Marienburg society. Having in mind that all three of them had noble origins, they had no need to kill and plunder for money - it was the thrill of adventure that sparked their interest, and they always seemed to be on the look for the next exciting quest to take.

Along with their reputation of eccentric & extraordinary villains they came to be known and feared for their pistols - each one of them was packing a couple of these, and they were using them with deadly accuracy. And we are not talking about the ordinary common-man's crude pistols - these boys were using the master-crafted gold-crusted pistols that noblemen used for their duels, extremely accurate and stunningly beautiful. And oh boy did these guys know how to use them... hitting a flying pigeon from 50 paces? Easy. Hitting a bulls eye from 100 paces away, a difficult task for all but the best riflemen? No problem whatsoever. The Pistoliers were feared by many, and rightfully so.

Another thing that made these guys stand out from the ordinary outlaws was the fact that they were not afraid to hire specialized help. Given their deep pockets and their famous reputation, each and every villain in the county wanted to work with them. When the task at hand required subtle infiltration skills - they brought Gnoblar or Halfling helpers. In cases where brawn and size was important - Ogres and Trolls were hired to help. If they needed a charming lady to distract the target, they would find a suitable girl for the job. The Pistoliers used their smarts and their money to spice up their days - anything for an extraordinary adventure, worthy to be re-told by the bards and townsfolk far and wide across the country.

And this is when the boys heard about the strange events in the nearby Bretonnia. Untold riches, exciting adventure, and chance to stir up the routine and stretch the legs for a bit. Plus an opportunity to meet some new ladies and shoot some new strangers. What's not to like!

Beware Bretonnia, the Pistoliers are coming
Last Edit: 2014/05/14 23:50 By vladamex.
fatbat (User)

Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago
To Serve Man had been complacent - recruits came in plentiful numbers gold had been no problem steel and arrows too. 'Just a little more gold from that merchant.. do us just nicely' Yeah Do us allright!

The missing snot turned out to be in the village - so we snuck in at dusk to sieze the brat. Sounds to the west indicated someone else had the same idea so we circled around to give em a shock - me Crank Bastinardo and That great lumbering hulk of an Ogre who seemed to like us.. boy can he move! Quicker than a rat up a drainpipe the great tub of lard shot off - Crank and Bas were only just keeping up with me bringing up the rear. Over the wall hopped a couple of big guard dogs - turning out to be rats - flamin massive! well you know about my skin an all - well this one just upped and inned an before you know it had savaged me neccessities! I dropped like a sack of bars - clutching me geegaws...

As it happened that Artur ploughed into the rest from round the back - before you could say rat-on-a-stick he had flattened three of em - three! The others hammered into them as well taking their own pretty time about it too as far as I could tell

then with a shout ol Latchkey called for us- but Bastinardo said they were too late (in that drooling lopsided growl he has now) the rats had outfoxed us and sent in their elites swarming over Latch and the new boys. By the time Artur got there it was all over - Latch and Dinsdale out for the count the new boys on the deck an the snot gone into the night.

So much for a quick penny. Mark my words theres always a catch..
'Oy Dinsdale chuck us a piece of arm will ya... nice an crispy.. well as they say waste not want not!

hasnt turned out too bad after all!
klinktastic (User)

Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread 1 Month, 2 Weeks ago
Gorzhog's Green Stampede – Game 5 – Defend the Village vs Reclaimers of the Mousillon Grail Chapel

It felt like ages since Gorzhog and da boyz had been in battle. So long in fact, he knew they needed a good battle to get their fill of battle and hopefully some loot. With no goal but getting into a good fight in mind, Gorzhog lead the Green Stampede out to achieve just that. After a short time, they wandered upon a village, one that was preparing to defend against a raid. Some Bretonnian Knights and soldiers were assisting the villagers in building some barricades and other earthwork structures to fortify the town. While their barriers were only partially erected, this would be the opportune moment to strike and raid the village.

Gorzhog ordered a charge and the boyz went "WAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!" The boyz hit from a multitude of flanks, hitting the peasant workers who were still building their fortifications. The feel like sheep to slaughters as the Green Stampede ran them down. The Chapel Guards rallied the broken peasants and counter charged the rampaging Orcs. Both sides engaged in a furious struggle. The knights were stalwart in their defense, bringing down Gobbo-Gobbla the Troll, Masha', Basha' and a few henchmen. The mighty Orcs were not to be surpassed, as they clobbered some squires and Gorzhog da Wench-Wrecka' lived up to his accolades, taking out Esmeralda the Damsel and Sir Joreth the Questing Knight and warband leader.

With the peasants fleeing and their leader downed, the Chapel Guards retreated, leaving the Green Stampede free to pillage the village. Their efforts were rewarded by a few extra treasures, a map, and crossbow. Fortunately, the were able to revive all of their fallen comrades with both Masha' and Basha' surviving, but with some scratches. Gorzhog had learned that while his Green Stampede was powerful, he shouldn't take on odds like that again as the boyz were outnumbered 28 to 13. It was only shear luck that they had not lost and the casualties were not worse.
fatbat (User)

Latchkey considered the potential late into the morning. The band had found it easier to move at night camping up for the daytime in any burnt out cottage or hollow at hand. The Ogre was a bonus but he wasn't really one of us.. The two posessed were bruisers same as John and Dinsdale who wern't quite in their league. the new recruits had been given bows and had shot a rat.. Something was missing.

Around midday realisation sank in - 'Chaos - it is Chaos..' not the mundane stuff happens and you have no control - Latchkey had read books before listened to scholars when he worked in the Gardens and it began to make sense.. change and creation that is what is happening to the boys.. they cant control it so they end up with what they know - claws arms and insanity...

No, what he was thinking of was majik pure magick. His own spells were nearly beyond his grasp maybe a practitioner someone versed in turning thoughts into reality would help them move forward, show the rest how they could channel the real power. He would ask some of the new recruits if they knew of any rumored to practice the outlawed arts....

'Yess Bosss' - Yiller had taken to extending his S's in an affected manner presumably to sound scarier.. huh! around our lot! 'Ans if it pleassesss you Masster we brought thesss.. The constable removed them from a heretic so we liberated them in order to curry favour..'

A leather bag was opened and the hessian wrapped objects displayed.. Yellow metal fools could mistake for gold - brass bars and a cog along with four long heavy bolts in copper..

'We need to talk Yiller... tell me more, no tell me all - everything about this heretic.. John.. I need to take a short journey - that hamlet we passed yestereve I shall meet you there'
Last Edit: 2014/06/01 20:21 By fatbat.
LordNecro8000 (User)

profile icon User Online Now
Bretonnian Chapel Guards

Esmeralda and Sir Joreth sat beside the camp fire, relaxing finally, their weary bodies. She recounted the engagements in her head, the rolling tide of ebbs and flows of successes and failures.

First, the Reclaimers had seen significant action over the past week or so. First, a massive battle over a nobleman's son, in which the Reclaimers allied with Shadow Warriors in to contest an unholy alliance between witch hunters and undead. Fortunately, or maybe it was Luck of the Lady, that guided the arrows of the warriors good true, that the evil alliance was repelled and the son saved.

The Reclaimer's fresh off their victory and rewards for the rescue of the noble's son, went to help a nearby village secure their defenses against the roaming, ravaging warbands. In the midst of their efforts, an Orcish horde approached and besieged the settlement. In a grueling battle, both the peasants and Chapel Guards were driven off and the Orcs ransacked the village. The noble Knights fought hard, bringing down a terrifying troll, a handful of orcs and goblins, and even inflicted a wound on their warboss. But the knights unfortunately tasted bitter defeat, after such exhilarating highs of the victory before.

Fortunately, they suffered minimal casualties, even if their pride had suffered a grievous wound. A Wood Elf ranger, Elandra, joined their ranks as they proceed back to their encampment. By chance, they encountered an Averlander's mercenary company that seemed content to steal their treasures. Taking up position on a ruined defensive structure, Esmeralda had used her Guiding Visions to assist her new elven female companion in taking out two of the Averlander's troops with the Bretonnian bowmen taking out the third. The Averlanders, tormented by deadly accurate shooting opted to disengage, leaving behind some spare treasures for the Reclaimers, to assist in their ultimate goal.

She sighed as the conclusion of her run down of recent events. It was as if recollecting the events helped relieve her of the stress she carried. Sir Joreth looked up and said, "It's been a rough couple of days, and even the seasoned soldiers are tired. You know I am committed to this quest. But I must ask, are you sure this is safe for a lady of your stature?"

She sighed again. It was common place for knights to be protective of women in Bretonnian. She had dealt with this before, but most often it had been directed in more sarcastic and womanizing ways. She could sense Sir Joreth's sincerity. "I am fine Sir Joreth, but I appreciate your concern. I fear that the Lady is not done with either you or me yet."

Sir Joreth nodded and shrugged back into his seat, soon to be asleep. He was lucky she thought. He could sleep anywhere. And he was right. This wasn't any place for a lady of her stature. She just hoped the Lady's plan ensured her survival.
fatbat (User)

Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread 1 Month, 1 Week ago
The two of them strode back into the village just before dusk smelling rather than seeing the results of the clash. The bloated body of Artur was twisted up against the wall where he had fallen - deep welts in his flesh had bubbled with some noxious brew leaving burn marks in his flesh.

'We lost the Ogre Boss' John seemed to have a confidence about him now - a potential jeader for the future? thought Latchkey.

'I can see that John - I thought you were going to lie low for a day or two...' 'Couldnrt be helped Boss - Vampyre ghouls poison - they all ganged up on him y'see before Basta flattened their queen'

'Good Good - strike for the head - well done John.' He took a head count then called the sorcerer forward...

'This, my fine band is our new magician - he can create using the very stuffs of chaos. keep him safe and we shall be able to see how to warp the world about us not just ourselves..'

the crow landed on his shoulder - and I too have garnered an insight into the workings of majik'

After long discourse late into the night it certainly seemed as though he was on the right track - the band was indeed stronger which must be down to the inclusion of these new magics. Where to gather more..?
LordNecro8000 (User)

Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread 1 Month, 1 Week ago
Bretonnian Chapel Guards - Game 6 After Action Report

Sir Joreth and the Chapel Guards scoured the town for the reported Skaven. The town council had requested Sir Joreth and Esmeralda the Damsel assist them in rooting out an infestation of Skaven who had taken up residence in the poorer side of the town. They trudged through the mud and refuse, and Esmeralda sensed that they were near the Skaven enclave.

Lead by the elven ranger Elandra, the Reclaimers came upon a major thoroughfare of the town. Across the way were the Skaven, apparently roving through the slums looking for prey. The stalwart knights sturdied their fortitude and advanced against the pack of rat-men. The bowmen, lead by Elandra scaled a ruined momented to gain a vantage point and support the knights' advance.

Elandra fired once, opening the initial salvo, putting an arrow through Rottenikken, the apparent leader of the Skaven pack. With their leader down, the Skaven force spread out, flinging stones at the advancing knights. The Lady's Favors protected the knights from the barrage of stones. With only Sir Alan knocked, down, the Knights, Squires and Battle Pilgrims had a grand charge, all shouting, "For the Lady!" and "Die you Skaven-scum!" as the armoured humans clashed into the furry rat-men.

The Reclaimers hacked and slashed, and their valiant charge had deadly effect. Combined with missile fire from the Elandra and the bowmen, 6 rat-men were defeated and the remaining rats quickly fled. The men cheered loudly, celebrating the victory. Esmeralda smiled, satisfied that her forces might now be ready to tackle more serious threats and that they might achieve their goals of reclaiming the Grail Chapel of Mousillon.
klinktastic (User)

Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread 1 Month ago
Gorzhog's Green Stampede – Game 6 – Street Fight vs Witch Hunters

Gorzhog roared on to his fellow warriors, "Crush da humies! WAAAAAGGGHHH!!!!" The rest of the boyz followed suit in a thunderous roar of "WAAAGGGGHHH!!!" Gorzhog had lead his Green Stampede into yet another raid, this time of a sizable township. He didn't care what name the town had, only that there was killing and plunder to be had. The town guards had been shattered easily, mostly without a fight and the Green Stampede made its way into the town.

Still searching for a fight, Gorzhog and the boyz finally found one. The Witch Hunters, the famous Peter the Pious' Persuaders, had taken up shelter in the town for a time. Seeing the town being sacked by the rampaging orcs, goblins, and a troll, had road out in defense of the town.

The two side jockeyed for position, with archers and bowmen on roof tops, the Green Stampede's missile fire and magic took down the Warrior Priest and a Witch Hunter. With both sides' force split and probing for weaknesses, Gorzhog, Masha', and Gobbo-Gobbla (the Troll) engaged the Witch Hunter Captain, another Witch Hunter, two zealots, and their warhound. Outnumbered, but not scared, the greenskin charge was effective, taking out the Witch Hunter. The Witch Hunter's counter charge was not as much, as Peter Deschall was bludgeoned down by the Troll and their warhound's life snuffed out by Gorzhog, who had suffered a grievous wound from the animal.

With their commander down and the odds looking grim, the Witch Hunters retreated, leaving the Green Stampede satisfied with their fill of battle and uncontested in their pillage of the town.
Last Edit: 2014/06/11 17:56 By klinktastic.
fatbat (User)

Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread 3 Weeks, 4 Days ago
'Goblins what do you mean John?' Latchkey spoke quietly after the message had been passed..
'Like I said Boss - two goblins - they were watching the buildup just like we are, and they saw us but kept quiet - pointing at the mercenaries and nodding..
Looks like that Witch Hunter band has been recriuting there's at least twenty of em.. we wouldnt stand much of a chance against that lot - but if there are goblins who want a crack at them as well ....' John trailed off waiting for a reply.

'Maybe have us and the goblins fighting the common enemy? - good thinking John.. Keep close to the gobs but not too close and we can jockey for position'

'Once we've dealt with the mercenaries we will probably be too tired to turn on the gobbos - specially as they seem reluctant to do anything to us - standoff? not quite a joint venture? an alliance of convinience'

'An alliance of convinience.. excellent choice.. Spread the word then John, we're after the big band of mercenaries the gobbos are not on the agenda - uless they attack us first of course. Move the boys into position - it will be a good opportunity to see just how these gobbos fight'

Things were falling into place since his insight into magik. Bring the belief in Chaos to the others - spread he word - demonstrate the power.. '

At the back of his mind was a niggling doubt - what could go wrong? Latchkey diddnt want to voice this in case the piskies were listening - in fact he diddnt want to think it just in case it happened - because that is what Chaos can do - put your thoughts and desires into reality..
LordNecro8000 (User)

Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread 2 Weeks, 3 Days ago
Bretonnian Chapel Guards - Game 7 After Action Report

Sir Joreth stopped Esmeralda from binding the wounds of Edwardo. The squire had died just a short time earlier, but the act of binding his wounds seemed to give the Damsel some comfort. Edwardo, the valiant squire of Sir Alan, had met his fate at the end of a jagged halberd of an Orc. Edwardo wasn't the only one. Alister the Bowmen and Johan the Battle Pilgrim also succumbed to their wounds. It had been a horrible day and a terrible setback for their quest to reclaim the Grail Chapel of Mousillon.

Esmeralda contemplated this disastrous defeat. Five battles with only a single casualty and their mounting success had given them a false sense of might. They faced the rampaging beastmen and orcs as if they could not be beaten. One battle, just a single battle had cost the lives of 3 of her followers, 2 more severely wounded, and all of the others sporting some sort of bandage.

Sir Joreth said,"Esmeralda, let us help the other wounded, those that will live." She shuttered for a second, but stood up, to help attend to the others. She looked at Sir Joreth for strength, but realized the strong knight was bleeding from both his arm and leg.

"You're injured! Let me see you wounds!" she exclaimed, knowing that if Sir Joreth was to perish, their quest would be for naught.

"I'm fine m'lady. Two crossbow bolts rattled me good. These are mere flesh wounds. More concerning is our troops. The knight errant came out fine, but our other followers just looked at the face of death and withstood more than their fair share of combat. Let us attend to them, as they need our help more than I do at the moment."

Esmeralda conceded. Sir Joreth was right, their troops needed them badly. Morale was understandably shaken and the wounded would need time to recover. Perhaps they could get back on track. Perhaps the loss would only be a temporary setback.
klinktastic (User)

Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread 1 Week ago
Gorzhog's Green Stampede & The Feral Vision – Game 7 – Skirmish over a Chaos Shrine vs Pirates and Bretonnian Chapel Guards

Gorzhog, holding the reigns to his snarling warboar, Gut-Rippa, stared at the Beastmen horde in front of him. Rumors of the Feral Vision' savagery and cunning were spreading rapidly. This gave Gorzhog a sense of respect for maybe these Beastmen stood as equals to his Green Stampede. One of the Beastmen stepped forward towards Gorzhog. This Beastmen was larger than the rest, covered in scars and wearing heavy plated armor.

Gorzhog hailed the Beastmen warband's leader, "I'z Gorzhog da Wench-Wrecka, da Gobbo-Stompa, 'n' da Humie-Crusha!" he declared. "Wotz ya want wit me 'n' my boyz?"

The Beastmen spoke in a gutteral tongue, "I'm Rakharg the Chosen. I seek to combine our might against these so called 'humies' at a sacred shrine of my gods. I promise killing and loot if you join by cause."

Gorzhog contemplated for a second, but the bargain was struck as the two hulking brutes clasped arms. The troops of the two warbands cheered for they new combining their might would lead to destructive success on the battlefield. And with that, the two warbands advanced on the Chaos shrine.

It was a little over a days march and when they arrived, human forces had arrived and were securing the area, presumably to destroy or desecrate the Chaos shrine. The two commanders barked orders for the troops to advance as the humans dug in. Sporadic arrow and bolt fire inflicted slight casualties on both sides as the two sides prepared for a massive clash of arms.

The fighting was brutal and swift, as the sheer strength and toughness of the Orcs and Beastmen overcame the men of Bretonnia and the Pirates who were helping in exchange for looting the shrine. The men were cut down under the ravaging hordes of beastly and green masses. Soon their will to fight was broken and they scattered, leaving the Green Stampede and Feral Vision victorious and with minimal casualties. Rakharg performed a great sacrifice to his gods to celebrate the victory.
Duncoman (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
Re:Mordheim Online: The Dukedom of the Dead - Background Thread 5 Days, 2 Hours ago
"QUICKLY, THE LEVER, QUICKLY!"
Bill tried to throw the lever, but it was rusted and old, built from components not for purpose, and it would not budge.
"I can't..."
The vampire moved swifter than even Bill expected. Within a blink of an eye he had moved from the other side of the room and threw Bill to the floor. Grasping the lever, Teesla heaved it downards, engaging the switch but snapping off the handle at the same time.
Bill watched as the arcs of energy began to flicker about the room, lighting his master's face. Teesla was gazing upwards, staring at the metal caged roof of the room, where the energy jumped and sparked from one side to another. and the vampire's gaunt, drawn features were highlighted in the light. Bill watched as his master's fangs bared, and a smile appeared.
"Bill, bring the stone, and hasten to the roof."
Bill scrabbled upright, and ran to the ante-chamber. Placed on a plinth in the centre of the room was a large object, wrapped in rough cloth.

The air outside was cool and dark, and Bill's lungs appreciated the freshness compared to the damp, stuffy, hot lower rooms of the tower. The machine lay above him, a huge metal central pillar at least four times Bill's height, atop which was a small globe, wide as a man, patched together from various pieces of metal, all of which seemed to be of high quality, dwarfen or elf in origin. Around the central pillar, and taller than it was another, curved one, based on a track, and was being still worked on by the decrepid, tireless workers that Bill had labouted so long to create. A low hum surrounded the machine, and a loud 'CRACK' erupted in the quiet night air as a bat, hunting its prey, flew too close to the central pillar and was annihilated in a flash of light. A worker, pulling his hammer back too far inside the track, was caught by another bolt from the machine, and the flames from the corpse flickered in the night air. The smell of burning flesh hit Bills nostrils, but he pushed past, taking his parcel to a corner, where another worker stood motionless. This one had metal trailing behind him, long wires, attached to a machine which had metal feeding back into the central pillar, and Bill had worked for weeks to create it. Bill stood before the creature and spoke words that burnt his tongue. The being's eyes flickered, and its head raised.
“Take this to the centre.” Bill said, handing the creature the parcel, and pulling the cloth covering from it. The stone was green, blue, yellow, purple, all colours, changing, all at once, and Bill felt it deep within his soul, its presence, its power. It tugged at him as it was taken by the worker towards the centre of the machine. As soon as the worker entered the central track the machine cracked and a single bolt of light arced from it to the worker, but the creature continued unimpeded.

Teesla came to the roof. He had wrapped a large cloak about himself, and watched the creature walk towards the centre of the machine.
"Bill, the brake..."
"But master, the worke..."
"They are expendable."
Bill hesitated slightly, but ran to a large rotating handle attached to the tower's roof.
"Release it."
Bill heaved at the handle, and felt the pressure release as it turned. The large, curved metal pillar began to move, orbiting the central pillar, crushing two workers and ripping another apart as it did so. The worker holding the stone had reached the centre, and raised a small metal door, placing it inside. The light arcing towards him changed colours, going from bright, brilliant white to a dark green, and as the rotating arm began to build speed, the light began to arc to it, stabilising into a dome of energy that began to creep down the arm's length towards the tower floor.
"Yesss, yesss"
Teesla closed his eyes, and Bill noticed a glowing from his fingertips, sparks of energy flickering, and the little hair that remained on his head standing on end.
A screech grabbed Bill's attention, and Teesla's eyes opened wide.
A hammer, one of the worker's tools, had become lodged in the track. The rotating arm was now screeching every time it went past it. The arm began to shake, the arcing light began to destabilise.
“No, No, BILL, STOP IT, STOP IT!”
Bill hurriedly turned the rotating handle back the other way, feeling the pressure as the machine strained against the weight and energy involved. He struggled as the pressure grew, and Teesla threw him aside, snarling, and wrenched the handle all the way.

There was a bright flash of light and then all Bill knew was darkness.
2014 Bretonnian Resolution Completion: 0/9

The Muster of the Marshal (My Army Journal)

*NEW* Mordheim Online Campaign Sign up Today!
Go to top Post Reply