Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Mordheim Online, anyone interested? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 3
TOPIC: Re:Mordheim Online, anyone interested?
Ackermanus (User)
profile icon User Offline
Re:Mordheim Online, anyone interested? 1 Year, 9 Months ago
Grumbaki wrote:
* If the attacker wins, and the prisoner is freed, then the attacker gains +d3 campaign points and the henchman joins the warband. Free of cost. This can temporarily take you over your warband limit! The henchman has no experience, and must be armed as normal.

[Important note] Keep track of who has the prisoner at the end of the game. It will be important for Grudge Match 3.[/quote]

So you the prisoner joins you anyway!
Last Edit: 2013/03/03 20:19 By Ackermanus.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Artinam (Moderator)
The Order of the Dragon in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
Welcome back onboard Bob!
Long Live the Fighters!
Honneur aux armes, respect aux maitres!
pervavita (User)
The Order of the Campaigners in Silver (Click to see more)The Order of the Wayfarer in Gold (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline United States flag
Ackermanus wrote:
Yup, that's what I suggested and everyone seemed to agree: no reason to skip a campaign turn. So, now we have Orcs vs Vamps, Brets vs Dwarfs, Amazons vs Skaven. I was hoping Grum would replace the Skaven, but if he is busy I don't mind playing a double game this week (I've already created a temporary beastmen warband for a game that never came to be).

Also, I agree with Pervavita's suggestion to have games one week in advance.

Finally, the Mousillon site is down, but I take it the map is a simple city map with the armoury in the middle and the objective is a simple rout the enemy?

Sounds good... Beastmen were going to be my warband to throw out if I ever got a one time battle and will gladly face off against these beast.

I will shoot you a map shortly for you to pick sides.
Mattrim wrote
Pervavita is born as an assassin
pervavita (User)
The Order of the Campaigners in Silver (Click to see more)The Order of the Wayfarer in Gold (Click to see more)
The Mousilon forum is down and has been now for a few days.
This leads me to think that there address has expired (as they have not updated in quite a long time/years).

So we have a problem in we don't have the rules for all that we need.
I can say though that I do have many of the rules... I saved them for my self just so I could find them easier.

I have:
Fog Rules
Exploration chart
Multibles Chart
3 Hired Swords (Dark Maiden, Alchamist, Priest of Morr)
All Warbands

I am missing 3 hired swords (I know the White Lady was hired so lets hope those rules are saved with that player) and some other rules that I'm not sure of.

We can continue with the campaighn with this stuff so we aren't at an end if the page is down.
We just have to get what I have and get it to every one (I can e-mail it if we want or we can post it some place).
Mattrim wrote
Artinam (Moderator)
Contact me trough PM, I know where to find the resources of the site.
Long Live the Fighters!
spearhead4 (User)

Question on the fog rules: when it says roll for "every turn" to increase visibility for the fog, does that mean every player's turn, or every full turn.

In other words, in a game between orcs and vamps, does that mean you roll on Orc Turn 1, Vamp Turn 1, Orc Turn 2, Vamp Turn 2, etc. Or does it mean Orc Turn 1, Orc Turn 2, Orc Turn 3, etc.
pervavita (User)
The Order of the Wayfarer in Gold (Click to see more)The Order of the Campaigners in Silver (Click to see more)
In my opinion it would be every player turn and not round. But that's my interpretation of the rules.
Mattrim wrote
Artinam (Moderator)
We usually play it every player turn.
Long Live the Fighters!
Ackermanus (User)
Game against the Orcs ended in a predictable fashion, although none of my heroes suffered serious injuries, so I consider it a success story. My opponent was really unluky with the dice (my vamp managed not to get a single wound in 8 attacks against his leader, but then again he managed to beat the T6 shoota in one turn), with the troll standing like an idiot all game, but it was a fun experience. No shooting was involved, making this my manliest game thus far.

As for the game with the Amazons, the heavy melee just started, so I'd wager my beastmen won't last much longer, but we'll see. At least they managed to cause a dent in the warband, which considering my past experiences with the amazons is quite a win. How's the dwarfs vs brets match going?
Artinam (Moderator)
First charges have been happening. Some Dwarves got knocked down. But he can now counter charge.

The Blessing of the Lady has actually helped in keeping my warband alive.
Long Live the Fighters!
pervavita (User)
The Order of the Wayfarer in Gold (Click to see more)The Order of the Campaigners in Silver (Click to see more)
Amazons just ran away like little girls.
I would have been tempted more seriously about sticking around longer but with the Beastmen having nothing to lose if they keep on going there is no reason for me to risk more warriors for what amounts to just a few more exp points and a campaign point or two.

It was a great post game though as it's my first battle to not lose a henchwoman
Injuries were not too bad, -1 move on one warrior but gained a Totem Warrior (effectivly).
I also gained a free Hired Sword.

Even with this as a "loss" I call it a win over all.

Blessing of the Lady is nice, it's only major problem IMHO is that it requires a roll at the start of the game. I'm ok with it if it was an every turn roll or a static advantage but it's one time roll at the start of the game (or rather before it starts) it sets the warband up to have trouble before the game starts.
Over all I think the carry over of the 6th ed blessing would be the best as I see the change as GW fixing a broken rule from 5th ed.
Mattrim wrote
Ackermanus (User)
I have a question: the orcs rolled "captured" in the injury chart of one of their heroes. Since my warband is an undead one, I have the option of killing him and raising a skeleton, but I assume that I still have the option to ransoming him as normal, right (after all, the text says he -may- be killed, not that he has to)? Also, assuming I set a price too high for my opponent to pay that game, can the prisoner be kept until my opponent is able to pay (the description seems to indicate so, "if he is ever released" )?
Last Edit: 2013/03/09 13:38 By Ackermanus.
The Low King (User)

That blesssing is really annoying.....my shots have been halved
pervavita (User)
I have always played those rules as a required but your right it's not required but is a further option.

As to holding out on the ransom; I don't know as the rules don't specify but I would suppose that it would be allowed. It is in there best interest to buy the hero back but at the same time if you ask too much they will never do it. In short if you two can make an agreement then so be it.
Mattrim wrote
pervavita (User)
Due to I'm sure time restraints for Grumbaki I am taking point in match up set up for this weeks turn.

What I have done to chose match ups is roll 1d6 for each of us. Then I match up top roll to bottom roll. In the event of ties I re-roll ties and keep there original number and add a "decimal point" of there re-roll.
So as of now Amazons and Dwarfs got 4's (top roll I got). Then I re-roll for both of them and Amazons got 4.4 and Dwarfs got 4.6 thus Dwarfs are the top roll.

so with out further adue here is our match ups.
Week 11
Dwarfs vs. Vampires
Amazons vs. Bretonnians
Black Orcs vs. Skaven

for next week (so we are not held up).
Week 12
Amazons vs. Black Orcs
Bretonnians vs. Vampires
Skaven vs. Dwarfs

If any one wants to see my numbers for the rolls I can give you accsess to the board I used for the dice rolling.
I also to get week 11 (this week) game going we will use standard rules (nothing special).
Week 12 if Grumbaki gets on he can re-set and/or make a special game. if he does not by mid week I will make something for it to make it special.

cheers
Last Edit: 2013/03/11 15:33 By pervavita.
Mattrim wrote
Go to top Post Reply