Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Bretonnian Achievements (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 3
TOPIC: Bretonnian Achievements
Redhammer (User)
profile icon User Offline United States flag
Bretonnian Achievements 2 Years, 1 Month ago
Hail, Noble Sirs!

I found this on the Ogre forums and the WoC forums, and decided it could be a fun idea for over here. Essentially what this is is we build up a list of achievements, or things we should all strive to do as Bretonnian players. They don't have to actually be completely glorious things, in fact they can be hilarious failures if you so wish. The point of the achievements, however, is to encourage people to try out all sorts of different tactical options and really get to know their Bretonnians inside and out. For newer players this allows them to explore options they wouldn't consider and figure out potentially new tricks. For more experienced players, this allows them to test their mettle.

Note that these will be both gaming and hobby achievements, as this is a complete hobby. For the gaming achievements, proxies are ok! All of these will be Bretonnia related, naturally.

Obviously, the more experienced of us will already have done a few of these. Just go ahead and mark them off your list, or if you want do them all over again!

I will start us off with a few, and if you want to contribute any, please do! The Ogres have 101 achievements, so that seems like a decent goal!

1. And So, It Begins - Play a game as Bretonnians
2. Moving On Up - Field over 2000 points of Bretonnians.
3. Noble Contempt - Heroic Killing Blow the enemy general.
4. The Lady Protects - Prevent an enemy from casting any spells in one magic phase.
5. The Lady... oh - Lose a unit of knights in one shooting phase.
6. And Nothing Of Value Was Lost - Start a game with more than 50 peasants and end with zero.
7. Knightly Disdain - Field an army with no shooting.
8. Royal Air Force - Field an army with more than one unit of Pegasus Knights.
9. Glorious Host - Field a totally painted army.
10. To The Death! - Have a unit pass an Insane Courage test.
11. Steadfast Shmedfast - Break an enemy unit that was steadfast on the charge.
12. St. George All Over Again - Heroic Killing Blow a Dragon.
13. Agincourt - Field 50 or more Bowmen.
14. Uprising! - Field more than 100 peasants (not counting trebuchet crew).
15. A Noble Quest - Take your Bretonnians to a tourney.
16. The Lady's Champion - Win a tourney with your Bretonnians.
17. Hot Blooded - Fail an Impetuous Test and make the charge anyways.
18. Rubber Lance Syndrome - Have a unit of knights fail to inflict a single casualty on a charge.
19. It's Only a Flesh Wound - Have your general survive the game with only one wound remaining.
20. Something’s Off Here - Field more war machines than your Dwarf opponent.
21. Save The Trees! - Field the Green Knight.
22. It Ain't Easy Being Green - Have the Green Knight fail to show up until the second half of the game.
23. A Knight's Tale - Start an Army Journal here at the Round Table.
24. Showing Off - Post a picture of your entire army on display.
25. By Valor alone - Pass a 6+ ward save on your general when he has one wound left.
26. We Brought You Why? - Have a damsel explode and kill an entire unit of yours.
27. Protect The Peasants - Don’t lose any peasant units in a game.
28. "Tactical" Withdrawal - Have one unit flee 3 or more times in one game.
29. You Aren't Supposed to Do That - Have Bowmen kill an enemy unit in close combat.
30. Can't Touch This - Pass three or more Blessing Ward Saves in one round of fighting.
31. Wanted Dead or Alive - Have a Grail Reliquae hold up an enemy for 3 or more turns.
32. Unsupervised - Have peasants pass a break check without character or knightly aid.
33. How Does That Work Again? - Have your trebuchet crew break their attackers.
34. The Valor of Men - Have a unit of Peasants kill a monster.
35. Dude, Where's my Horse? - Field an army with no mounted models.
36. All Your Base Are Belong To Us - Table an opponent by turn 4.
37. That Time of the Month - Have a Damsel or Prophetess use a boosted Transformation of Kadon.
38. This. Is. SPAR-TONNIA! - Force an enemy to flee into Dangerous Terrain and have them lose models.
39. Fus Ro Dah! - Break and run down an enemy without dealing any wounds.
40. I'll Kill You Last - At the end of the game, your opponent only has one unit remaining.
41. I Meant To Do That! - Have a trebuchet hit a target other than its intended one.
42. Should've Fed the Horses - Fail all charges your knight try to make this turn.
43. Where Are My Glasses? - Have your Lord miss with every attack in one round.
44. King of Kings - Have Louen Leoncouer defeat (personally) Karl Franz, Malekith, Thorgrim Gurdgebearer, Vlad von Carstein, Settra the Imperishable or Queen Khalida, Azhag the Slaughterer or Gorbad Ironclaw, Tyrion, Lord Mazamundi or Lord Kroak, Gorthor the Beastlord, Orion King of the Woods, Archeon Lord of End Times, a Greater Daemon, and Overtyrant Greasus Goldtooth. Good Luck!
45. What Did We Feed The Horses? - Have your horses kill more than your knights.
46. Ring Your Bell - Have your general pass his blessing save versus a cannon or direct stone thrower hit.
47. Not Worth Getting Out of Bed For - Field only 3 Grail Knights in a 2000+ point game. Inform your opponent that the rest of the unit couldn't be bothered to show up.
48. The Brush Is Mightier - Completely paint a 2400 point army.
49. Bretonnians Do It With Horses - Field a completely mounted army.
50. Putting the Feud in Feudal - defeat another Bretonnian army.
51. Impious - Elect not to pray at the start of a game.
52. You Deserve It - Elect not to pray and still go second.
53. Sir Not Appearing In This Army - Paint or model a Monty Python reference amongst your army.
54. I Don't Know How Either - Win the watchtower scenario.
55. Steady Now! - Every charge in your fielded army must be painted freehand – no decals!
56. Ludicrous Speed, Go! - Successfully charge 21” or further thanks to the Virtue of the Impetuous Knight.
57. Every Man Is The Hero Of His Own Story - Every Knight in your fielded army must have their own personal heraldry.
58. Our Strength Is Our Own - Field no magic weapons.
59. You Dare Threaten The Full Might Of Bretonnia? - Field a 10,000 point army. Fully painted.
60. Superior Tactics - Get a frontal charge, a flank charge on both sides, and a rear charge on the same unit in one turn.
61. Earn Those Spurs - Have a Knight Errant unit kill more than triple their points.
62. That Could Have Been Worse... - Hit the green knight with a scattered trebuchet shot.
63. Knight of the Realm - Play 10 games as Bretonnia.
64. Paladin - Play 20 games as Bretonnia.
65. Duke of Bretonnia - Play 50 games as Bretonnia.
66. Just Like The Story Books - Have a unit with a character charge an enemy unit already in combat with a damsel.
67. You're Missing The Point - Play an entire game, fielding knights, without using the lance formation.
68. I Challenge You To A Duel! - Using the gauntlet of the dual kill a human character in a challenge.
69. On A Quest - Win a game using no Knights without the Questing Vow.
70. Crisis Of Faith - Have a unit wiped out to the last man without passing a single blessing save.
71. Pillow Fight - Have a unit of knights fail to kill any enemies or take any casualties for two combat rounds.
72. Ghostbusters - If your opponent fields Ethereal, use only models with the Grail Vow to kill them.
73. I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar - Have a damsel or prophetess kill an enemy character with a close combat attack without magical support.
74. Shootout - Kill an entire ranged unit using only Bowmen.
75. Kevlar Knights – Face a Lore of Metal caster and don’t lose any knights to their spells.
76. Imperial Marksmanship School - Have a cannon shot either land in front of or fly over a lance of knights.
77. Creatures of Myth - Field all characters on Pegasus or Hippogryphs and fill your special allowance with as many Pegasus Knights as possible.
78. Mirror Mirror On The Wall... - Kill an enemy caster with the Silver Mirror.
79. Nerf Bat - Destroy an enemy's magic item with the Morning Star of Fracasse before they get to use it.
80. List Tailor Extraordinaire - Bring the Orcbane Shield against an Orc and Goblin player and make them fail 5 animosity tests.
81. Grounded For Life - Use the Falcon Horn of Fredemund to ground all enemy fliers and then kill them in one turn.
82. Black Knight No More - Have your general defeat a mounted Chaos Lord in a challenge.
83. Burn The Witch! - Have your peasants kill an enemy spellcaster through combat attacks.
84. Back From The Brink - Have a unit taken down to a single man and then use Regrow to bring them back to full strength.
85. Dante's Inferno - Have a Bretonnian Lord bring down a Greater Daemon.
86. Battle Tested - Post at least 3 Battle Reports on the Round Table.
87. Scribe - Post an article on the Round Table.
88. Van Helsing - Heroic Killing Blow a Vampire Lord
89. Counter Strike - Charge an enemy unit that failed to charge you the turn before.
90. In Shining Armor - Pass 12 armor saves on one unit in one phase.
91. Minstrel - Write 50,000+ words of your army's backstory.
92. Living Up to Their Reputation - Field at least 9 Grail Knights and win the game without losing a single one.
93. The Most Dangerous Terrain - Successfully charge through more than 2 pieces of dangerous terrain.
94. The Ultimate Lance - Field only lances of 15 knights.
95. Showing Us Up - Have your Mounted Yeomen kill more points than any of your knightly units.
96. Monster Mash - Using a Lord on Hippogryph, kill a Dragon, Manticore, Griffon, Carnosaur, Abyssal Terror, Wyvern, Warsphinx, Terrorgeist, Stonehorn, Stegadon, and their riders.
97. Bedfellows - Play games allying with each of forces of destruction.
98. Paragon of Order - Play games allying with each of the forces of order.
99. Warlord - Defeat every other army at least twice.
100. Leeeeroy... JENKINS! - Have a unit charge, and break, on turn 1.
101. The Uniter - Complete every other achievement. Congrats!
Last Edit: 2012/05/26 22:49 By Redhammer.
Bret Record for 8th Ed:
4W/1D/0L

Bretonnian Achievements: 12/101
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Zirrian (User)
profile icon User Offline Hungary flag
Re:Bretonnian Achievements 2 Years, 1 Month ago
There was a similar topic some time ago, where was a lot of good and funny achievements posted (including some from my pen, too). I just counted, and I achieved about 5 things from the list you provided
Your worst Knightmare.

"Isn't Blood Keep in Bretonnia?"
"Yeah, and Altdorf is a small village near Gisoreux."
Redhammer (User)
Interesting. I tried a search, but couldn't find anything on the matter. Any chance I could get a link?

Regardless, it could be fun to build up a list and try to go through them.
Bret Record for 8th Ed:
4W/1D/0L

Zirrian (User)
profile icon User Offline Hungary flag
Your worst Knightmare.

"Isn't Blood Keep in Bretonnia?"
"Yeah, and Altdorf is a small village near Gisoreux."
Redhammer (User)
Ah, okay. Well, those were more warhammer in general, while this is meant to be a bit more Bretonnia specific. Still, I'm going to go through and see if I can find some good ideas to add to the list.
Bret Record for 8th Ed:
4W/1D/0L

SaintofVirtue (User)
The Order of the Tactician in gold (Click to see more)The Golden Brush 2011 (Click to see more)
Can you put one for having your general taking at least 5 wounds?

Cause I've had my general almost die 4 times in one game.

25. By Valor alone. Pass a 6+ ward save on your general when he has one wound left.
2nd place in the Ard Boyz finals. With Brets. Who says we aren't competitive!?
I'd post my win/loss record but in the 10 years playing Brets I've lost count of my wins and only have 15 losses.
Can #6 be renamed 'And nothing of value was lost'?
Are you looking for friendly wargaming or pen & paper roleplaying on the Isle of Wight? PM me.

I have an army journal.
Redhammer (User)
Updated to encompass some of the other thread as well as the latest suggestions. We can totally get 101 of these!
Bret Record for 8th Ed:
4W/1D/0L

if you think these are worth adding....

No. 45 - What did we feed the horses..!?!?! - the mounts kill more than the knights in a combat

No. 46 - Ring your bell - successfully pass your generals 6+ ward against a cannon or rock lobber hit

No. 47 - Why did we bring her again..? - 50% or more casualties to a knight unit from a miscasting Damsel/Prophetess in a single magic phase

No. 48 - Not worth getting out of bed for - Field a 3 man unit of GK in a 2k+ point game and tell your opponent (in an indifferent/disinterested tone) that the rest of the unit couldn't be bothered to fight him

Harry
If at first you don't succeed...save your dignity, give up and pay someone else to do it...

Redhammer (User)
47 is already covered in number 26 (if a bit more extreme) but the rest are good! I also added another one that is about painting.

Oh! And I'd like to encourage people to put their achievement count in their signature so we can have people start to contribute more and get this list fleshed out completely.
Last Edit: 2012/05/25 22:15 By Redhammer.
Bret Record for 8th Ed:
4W/1D/0L

Redhammer...for No. 47...its not an 'if you want'...to get the achievement you need to tell them the rest of the unit couldn't be bothered...

Harry
If at first you don't succeed...save your dignity, give up and pay someone else to do it...

Redhammer (User)
Alright. Edited!
Bret Record for 8th Ed:
4W/1D/0L

Isn't 35 actually illegal?

I have some suggestions:

49)Bretonnians do it with horses - field an entirely mounted army.

50)ludicrous Speed Go! - successfully charge 21" or farther thanks to the Virtue of the Impetuous Knight.

51) Every man is the hero of his own story - Paint every knight in your army with a different, unique livery and charge.

52) Putting the 'feud' in 'feudal' - defeat another Bretonnian army.

53) Impious - elect not to pray at the start of a game.

54) Sir Not Appearing In This Army - paint or model a Monty Python reference amongst your army.

56) Steady now! - every charge in your army is painted freehand - no decals at all.

57) I don't know how either - Win The Watchtower scenario.
Last Edit: 2012/05/25 23:20 By Sir Jules Estelle.
Are you looking for friendly wargaming or pen & paper roleplaying on the Isle of Wight? PM me.

I have an army journal.
Redhammer (User)
35 is debatable. Some maintain that the 1+ KotR requirement is not in effect anymore. Check the community FAQ for more details.

As for the rest of your achievements, they have been edited in.
Bret Record for 8th Ed:
4W/1D/0L

SaintofVirtue (User)
The Order of the Tactician in gold (Click to see more)The Golden Brush 2011 (Click to see more)
58. Our strength is our own. Field no magic weapons.
59. You dare threaten the full might of Bretonnia? Field a 10,000 point army. Fully painted.
60. Superior tactics. Get a frontal charge, flank charge on both sides, and a rear charge on the same unit in one turn.
61. Earn those spurs. Have a KE unit kill more than triple their points.
62. That could have been worse... Hit the green knight with a scattered Trebuchet shot.

I'll play with some others.

Also for giggles on the list at 57 I have 51 of them. Though I am counting my trebuchets crews valiant KILL of a gorger as driving off an enemy.
Last Edit: 2012/05/26 00:03 By SaintofVirtue.
2nd place in the Ard Boyz finals. With Brets. Who says we aren't competitive!?
I'd post my win/loss record but in the 10 years playing Brets I've lost count of my wins and only have 15 losses.
Go to top Post Reply