Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Starting an army, Coucy and Soissons. (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Starting an army, Coucy and Soissons.
HotDamn18V (User)

profile icon User Offline United States flag
Re:Starting an army, Coucy and Soissons. 5 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Well it's been a while since I updated this thread, but I FINALLY completed my Knights Errant and a couple other things. Here they are, hope you like 'em.

The KE are all the same theme and colors. I figured that they hadn't yet earned their own unique barding and instead were outfitted by their lord for service in his army. They look pretty good all ranked up, even though they're all the same. Additionally, while painting these guys, I learned that batch painting is tedious as hell and I hate it.

My new Prophetess. I usually run a level 4 Lore of Heavens, so this is her. A bit of a different color scheme, but I'm pleased. I tried to get a night sky effect on her headscarf. I'm not sure how successful I was, but it looks cool anyway, so oh well.

What I'm working on next after I finish up a couple mounted yeomen. His arm is magnetized. He can also be outfitted with a morningstar or greatsword.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Starting an army, Coucy and Soissons. 5 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Sir HotDamn18V,

Your knights look fantastic. I really like their banner and your General and prophetesses are stunning. Looking forward to your next update.

Your Servant,

Lord Caerluel, 4th Marquis de Cumbri.
May the Lady protect and the fates guide your sword.

HotDamn18V (User)

BSB, finished Mounted Yeomen. 5 Months ago
Check out my newly completed BSB. I'm happy with it, but I wish it was less top-heavy and that the banner pole was less bendy.

BSB:

Yeomen:

I could not get this guy's eyes right for the life of me, so I gave up. Who cares anyway?

This squad has so far been amazing. They help me in deployment, and in the last 3 games, they've killed several warmachines, held up a group of demigryph knights for two turns, and caught and overran a fleeing group of pistoliers. Well worth their points.

Bretplayer (User)
profile icon User Offline
Re:BSB, finished Mounted Yeomen. 5 Months ago
I really like his eyes! He looks slightly simple - which is how a peasant should look!!
Baron (User)
profile icon User Offline
Re:Starting an army, Coucy and Soissons. 4 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Indeed, the eyes look fine.

The unit itself looks exceptional! Great work.
"Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red dawn!"
HotDamn18V (User)

Re:Starting an army, Coucy and Soissons. 3 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hey again guys. I FINALLY finished my Peg Knights. Hope you like them.

Some day I'll switch out the plastic rods on the bases for wire so they can actually rank up.

Now that those are out of the way, I can finally work on my Questing Knights, which I've been building, converting, and looking forward to for a long, long time. Here's the first one. Lots of fun to paint. He's still blue, red, and white like the rest of my army, but different shades and heraldry. The other QK will be all different colors and all have the same type of basing. I just wanted to start with colors I was more familiar with.

Thanks for looking.
Warden (User)
Re:Starting an army, Coucy and Soissons. 1 Day, 19 Hours ago
Amazing work! All of it! I have saved most of the pictures of your Bretonnians for future inspiration.

I really like how you painted the heraldry on your shields! Especially the shield for your Lord, the detail is perfect! So much detail on a tiny surface, I envy your amazing painting skills!

My favorites are probably your characterful peasants, including the men-at-arms and especially those mounted yeoman!
Go to top Post Reply