Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Army Book of Chateau Montreford (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Army Book of Chateau Montreford
Army Book of Chateau Montreford 6 Years, 7 Months ago
This thread discusses the Content article: Army Book of Chateau Montreford

So what do you guys think of it?

Please bear in mind that I haven't looked at these rules in 4 years and they were drafted for the 6th edition!
Survivor from Chateau Montreford

The administrator has disabled public write access.
hiv0r (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
Re:Army Book of Chateau Montreford 6 Years, 7 Months ago
Just starting reading it and on the first virtue you have mentioned if its a die then d6 to determine who goes first why not just go simaultanous like normal? =/

Tome reader virtue: There is a banner for 15 points that does the same thing in the BRB this is costed at 30 points with no additional pro

'All peasant units within 12” of him may use his Ld for psychology tests.' - They do anyway?

The crusader virtue is broken for 20 points 2 trebuchets alone is overpowered and 2 rare choices are comped out of most tournament but to allow 3 for 20 points is sickening

I think the knights of montreford section seems to have some odd wording after the bold 'champion' bit.

Other then that some of those new virtues look pretty neat and I really like the idea of a unit of minstrels.
Last Edit: 2010/09/16 18:27 By hiv0r.
It's not bad actually.
"Est sularus oth Mithas!"
"My honour is my life!"
hiv0r wrote:
Just starting reading it and on the first virtue you have mentioned if its a die then d6 to determine who goes first why not just go simaultanous like normal? =/

Tome reader virtue: There is a banner for 15 points that does the same thing in the BRB this is costed at 30 points with no additional pro

'All peasant units within 12” of him may use his Ld for psychology tests.' - They do anyway?

The crusader virtue is broken for 20 points 2 trebuchets alone is overpowered and 2 rare choices are comped out of most tournament but to allow 3 for 20 points is sickening

I think the knights of montreford section seems to have some odd wording after the bold 'champion' bit.

Other then that some of those new virtues look pretty neat and I really like the idea of a unit of minstrels.

Well to most of those all I can say is that during 6th edition they seemed like a good idea.

On your first point, if I recall correctly simultaneous was not in existence during 6th.

I wasn't aware of that Banner, I guess it does need something extra. Any suggestions? We can after all improve on it

They do use his leadership at 12'? I wasn't aware of this, the normal peasant duty states 6'.

The Crusader Virtue is kinda broken now that I think of the possibility of super shooty armies. Maybe being unable to take any other characters (due to the dishonor of having several siege weapons) is a proper counterbalance?

Strange wording? Please specify, the Article manager glued several words together once it pasted the list from MS Word.

The minstrels were supposed to confer bonuses to units nearby, but we never got to that part in the development stage.

hiv0r (User)
Yeah I know you said it was done to 6th but having no knowledge of 6th I presumed you were looking at updating it which is why I tried to critique it for 8th.

I think the minstrels in the magic phase you be able to lament augment spells on a small table:

Band of Minstrels 0-1

Points/model: 20
Unit Size: 3-5 Minstrels per unit
Equipment: Hand weapon

Minstrel
M4 | WS2 | BS2 | S3 | T3| W1 | I3| A1 | Ld8

Special Rules: Skirmish, Musicians, Blessing of the Lady

Lament
Each Minstrel gives 1D6 in the lament. The band can play 1 lament per turn. The lament lasts until the start of your next magic phase. All units (that can take a musician) within 12 inches count as having a musician regardless of their command load out.

Roll 1D6 for each band member then you can pick from any of the dice for which lament to take from the table which affects all friendly units within 12 inches:

Lament table:

1 -Song of Speed: +1 initiative
2 -Song of Hardened Hearts: +1 toughness
3 -Song of Haste: +1 Movement
4 -Song of The Lady: 5+ Ward save
5 -Song of Hope: +1 Leadership
6 -Song of Dexterity: Initiative 10, Always strikes first
Last Edit: 2010/09/17 00:11 By hiv0r.
Those are some cool rules indeed! I'll definitely add them once I get enough corrections and updates.

hiv0r (User)
Updated it a bit but i've never done rules before so im sure there is loads of errors.
Sir Beric (User)
profile icon User Offline Ireland flag
I love the idea of ambasadors and their units that's totaly cool

however you mention special ules without explaining them eg Defenders of the castle
what exactly does this confer on the unit?
[CENTER]
Well you can spot a "Special Rules" section, that wasn't finished and I think we only have Son of Montreford and Survivor of Montreford.
I guess Defenders of the castle would give them bonuses defending defensive structures?

Sir Doober (User)
profile icon User Offline
My one problem with the Minstrels suggestion is that the Song of Dexterity would make a unit of Questing Knights hilariously awesome, striking at Str 6, Init 10, with almost certain re-rolls to hit if memory serves.
Re:Army Book of Chateau Montreford 6 Years, 6 Months ago
But even with great weapons, Sir Doober, they always strike last

-Jean-
Last Edit: 2010/10/08 17:48 By Jean Marcel l Impétueux.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
Go to top Post Reply