Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Are the great demons monsters or characters? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Are the great demons monsters or characters?
SIRSEAN (User)
The Order of the Purple Brush in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Colombia flag
Are the great demons monsters or characters? 7 Years, 7 Months ago
When the big bloodthirster of Khorne appear, some errant knights feel terror, but the monster chooses another target, and go for the Grail Knights...

Sir Sean, in the front rank, challenge the monster to singular combat, mano a mano...

and the general of the demons says: 'you cannot challenge a great demon'

WHY?!

'because (he said) a great demon is a monster, and a monster cannont be challenged'

in the book of demos, says that a great demon are characters AND monsters, so, wich rules we have to follow?

I think that they are monsters yes, but only because they cannot join any unit, in any other way, they are characters.

What do you think?
Last Edit: 2008/09/29 19:04 By SIRSEAN.
'If you ever try to invade my beloved land of Bretonnia, you must face me, and destroy me and my whole army first!'
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Are the great demons monsters or characters? 7 Years, 7 Months ago
Ask GW and roll a die for the current game.
Truly, I see no other solution without having a huge debate about the contents of the new army book.
Survivor from Chateau Montreford

FlailingAxes (User)
The Golden Brush 2008 (Click to see more)The Golden Brush 2009 (Click to see more)The Order of the Storytellers in gold (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
They are characters in every sense of the word. It's why they're so hard, they can challenge and avoid almost any injury by doing so.

I believe they count as monsters for movement purposes only, so they do not benifit from 360 lign of sight or the -1 for shooting at an indipendant character.

So yeah they're characters with all the disadvantages of a monster.

tomahawk (User)
The Order of the Dragon in Silver (Click to see more)The Order of the Smith in Silver (Click to see more)The Order of the Tactician in gold (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
They are both: monster and character
As such they follow the rules for both.

As characters they can be challenged..

I believe they count as monsters for movement purposes only, so they do not benifit from 360 lign of sight or the -1 for shooting at an indipendant character.

That rule only protects models with Unit strength 1, so I'm very confused, why mention this at all?
Last Edit: 2008/09/29 21:40 By tomahawk.
Duke of Bretonnia, Elector Count of the Empire, Mercenary General, Goblin Warboss, Elf Prince, Dwarven Thane, Saurus Scar-Veteran, Vampire Count and Highborn of the Druchii.
Wildcard (User)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
Re:Are the great demons monsters or characters? 7 Years, 6 Months ago
easily solved problem

ask your daemon general friend to open his codex and flip to the bit titled "lords" - and gee - lookie what he's found!

seriously though, GDs are characters that move like monsters - similar in that to all the ogre characters. They have the disadvantage of a 90 degree line of sight and can be flanked. They have the advantage of being able to pivot on the spot without reducing movement as many times as they like during a move (not a charge, just a move - they can pivot only once on the charge). Unlike the ogres though, they can't join units
Go to top Post Reply