Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Goblin Fanatic Questions (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Goblin Fanatic Questions
Goblin Fanatic Questions 3 Months ago
Playing Night Goblins
Pegasus Knights charge war machine
block of night goblins on far side of war machine
fanatics trigger
sends fanatics thru war machine
fanatics do d6 against war machine but go into S7 war machine not crew because hits are distributed like shooting
basically war machine doesn't care
fanatics stop 1" away on Pegasus side of War machine
Pegasus Knights "complete charge"
Step on fanatics
6d6 -3 to amour
Pegasus eat it

Questions:
1- Is this how fanatics interact with war machines??? Goblin player says that impact hits work against crew because it is during the combat step and 6 fighters are chosen from each side to fight BUT this happens outside of the combat step so they are distributed to the war machine.
2- what would happen if war machine is killed during charge???
The administrator has disabled public write access.
rrw360 (User)
profile icon User Offline United States flag
Re:Goblin Fanatic Questions 3 Months ago
I can't answer the first one honestly, but the second question's answer would be considered a failed charge, though you COULD redirect, as I would think it would count as if the the Warmachine 'ran' off the table.
"For the Lady, for Glory, For Bretonnia!"

Artinam (Moderator)
The Order of the Dragon in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
@ First to honor, please watch your spelling. Not everyone is a native English speaker so using complete words helps keeping this board accessible to everyone .

The moment you are within 8 inches of the night goblins they release the fanatics. Your charge, any movement stops. The O&G player can then choose to throw them in any direction he pleases from any point of his Night Goblin unit.

One opportunity is throwing him trough his warmachine, indeed hitting the machine as these are shooting hits (the crew hides behind (or on top off) their machine.
If the Fanatic can't stay out of 1 inch range of the Pegasus Knights he flies through them. (only doing D6 hits).
If the fanatic lands in front of the warmachine because there is enough space. Pegasus KJnights complete the charge and does his deaththrows attack (D6 + another D6 attacks) Killing the fanatic.

Immediatly panic tests are taken (before the combat takes place).
If the warmachine is destroyed then the Pegasus Knights fail their charge following the standard failed charge rules.
Long Live the Fighters!
Honneur aux armes, respect aux maitres!
Sir Artinam,

Sorry about my spelling and layout of my original post. I try and run everything thru spellcheck wish I was more of a scholar.

I have some additional questions about goblin fanatics:

My goblin friend like to throw his goblin fanatics thru his big block to insure that my knights have to stop on them and take 2D6 damage I have allowed him to do this because his book says in any direction he pleases from any point of his Night Goblin unit. (what are your thoughts)

Why can I charge thru goblin fanatics? Why do they not stop my charge like a unit in the way?

If I push a goblin fanatic back into a goblin unit with Wind Blast (Spell #2 from the lore of heavens) would that cause "death throws" 2d6 attack on unit OR would I have to push a unit into fanatics to kill them?

I have some additional questions about charging:

How would the failed charge work? If I have already started moving my units. Do I continue to move the largest dice rolled what direction would I move?

Can I redirect into another unit like Sir rrw360 suggests?

What if the unit I was charging isn't a war machine and the damage caused by the goblin fanatic causes it to flee would I run it down and kill it?

Hope this machine-gun style questioning isn't overwhelming or confusing for non-native English speakers.
Artinam (Moderator)
The Order of the Dragon in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
tru = trough, to be very nit picky.

Anyway, he can throw his fanatic like this in front of his units, its certainly a very 'gamey' thing to do but its allowed by the rules. It maximises his hits. If you want to avoid this your smart to pick up some chaff (a unit of mounted yeomen or like me a 5 man unit of Knights) to draw out as many fanatics as possible by moving within 8 inches.

Fanatics are essentially counters, they aren't really units. You can't charge them. They either move trough you or when you move on them they automatically die (doing the 2d6 hits).
The wind blast forces the fanatic to move. I'd play it that it moves trough his unit as if it moves itself. However, if you'd push another unit on top of the fanatic it would do these 'death throes'.

I'd play it that it uses normal failed charges moves but it stops at the point the fanatics are released if the failed distance is less then this. Its a bit of a hole in the rules to be honest.
Also you can't redirect, this isn't a flee charge reaction which allows you to redirect. This is a panic test. However if you can still complete the charge you just run them down as per normal rules (you making contact with a fleeing enemy).
Long Live the Fighters!
Honneur aux armes, respect aux maitres!
Go to top Post Reply