Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Malaban the Grey (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Malaban the Grey
Prince Nuada (User)
profile icon User Offline
[Unofficial]Malaban the Grey 5 Years, 4 Months ago
MALABAN THE GREY
Sigil Scryer, The Walker on the Downs, Grey Man of the Stones, Sadekine

No-one truely knows the origins of the wizard Malaban. Some say that he walked with Gilles le Breton. Others say that he knows the nature of the Lady of the Lake far better than any of the Lady's own. He goes by many names but the oldest by far is Saderkine which in the old tongue means "shadow slayer". None alive knows the history of Bretonnia better than Malaban. He knows every secret and every truth. He has waged a shadow war for centuries against the foul forces of darkness which corrupt the land unseen. He has sought out and banished demons and the undead, slain acolytes of the dark gods and the agents of the under-empire. Although many sages believe that the ancient standing stones of Athel Loren guard the sentient forest, Malaban knows that they also hold the dread wild woods back.

Malaban The Grey
Malaban counts as a Lord choice and costs 260 pts. He must be fielded  exactly as presented here and no additional equipment or magical items may be bought for him.

M WS BS S T W  I  A Ld
Malaban    4   4   3   3  4  3  4  1  9

Equipment: The Wight Blade and The Sigil Stone of Orcal.

Magic: Malaban is a Level 3 Wizard and may choose spells from the Lores of Light and Shadow.

Stoneheart: In addition to his usual 3 spells, Malaban also knows the Flesh to Stone spell from the Lore of Life. Malbeth may only cast this spell on himself.

Secrets of Stone: Malaban has studied all of the ancient stones in Bretonnia, the standing stones on the borders of Athel Loren and has travelled the Old World in search of other ancient stones of power. Any spell targeted at a unit within 12" of a natural terrain feature of rock or stone has a +2 to cast.

The Sigil Stone of Orcal: Malaban crafted this amulet of ancient stone upon which are enscribed arcane runes of power. Malaban has a 5+ Ward Save and Magic Resistance (1).

The Wight Blade: Malaban carries a magical sword taken from a banished Barrow Wight and bound to existence by his sheer will. The Wight Blade is a magical weapon which wounds on a 6+ and has the Killing Blow special rule.
Last Edit: 2013/04/08 01:13 By Prince Nuada.
Prince Nuada:
If you cannot command, then you must obey.

Le mauvais côté remporté la deuxième guerre mondiale.

Currently Playing: Medieval II Total War
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Malaban the Grey 5 Years, 4 Months ago
Moved to the Magistrates' Bench (rules discussion, also unofficial rules).
Artinam (Moderator)
The Order of the Dragon in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
Edited, how can he know all spells from both Lores while you refer to the usual 3 spells he knows. I'd drop the double Loremaster ability.

Maybe give him an option to ride a warhorse?
Long Live the Fighters!
Honneur aux armes, respect aux maitres!
Prince Nuada (User)
Ha-ha. Good point.
Well, I guess I could scale-back that bit of his awesomeness.
Malaban doesn't ride horses. One of his monkiers is The Walker on the Downs.
I don't know why really, maybe he just doesn't trust them.
I do picture him getting around in a pony cart like Gandalf.
I wanted to seperate him from the Prophetesses/Damsels and they are typically mounted in a unit of knights.
Last Edit: 2012/01/05 09:17 By Prince Nuada.
Prince Nuada:

Mayne (User)
profile icon User Offline Slovenia flag
Prince Nuada wrote:

... Malaban doesn't ride horses. One of his monkiers is The Walker on the Downs.
I don't know why really, maybe he just doesn't trust them....

"Dr. John Watson: It's not that he can't ride horses...how is it you put it?
Sherlock Holmes: They are dangerous at both ends and crafty in the middle. Why would I want anything with a mind of its own bobbing about between my legs?" - Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)

Hehe I just couldn't resist!
For my Land, my People, our King and The Lady of the Lake. (and Arti will always be missed)
Prince Nuada (User)
Lol. I think that sums it up quite well actually.
When I was four I was kicked in the jaw by a gelding and nearly died (actually died in ambulance but was revived thank God). I had major reconstructive facial surgery. I'm 30 now and you can't tell, there are no scars or disfugurement.
I'd get on a horse in a heartbeat. I don't fear them but I can understand those who do.
Besides, it's one thing to ride a mild natured pony and quite another to control a 1700-2500lb destrier on the battlefield.
Prince Nuada:

Go to top Post Reply