Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:2000 pt Errantry War against Dwarfs (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:2000 pt Errantry War against Dwarfs
2000 pt Errantry War against Dwarfs 7 Years, 11 Months ago
This a 2,000 pt ERRANTRY WAR list I drafted up to take on my friend's Dwarf army when I get back home from college next week. He doesn't ever use an anvil and magic never works against him, so there are no Damsels... at all. I am intentionally going to try and avoid his Ironbreakers and Hammerers. Again, I emphasize, ERRANTRY WAR!

Bretonnian Lord, general
Warhorse
Virtue of Knightly Temper
Heartwood Lance
Mane of the Purebreed
Shield
Hand Weapon - 234

Paladin, BSB
Warhorse
Valorous Standard
Virtue of Stoicism
Hand Weapon - 159

Paladin
Warhorse
Lance
Shield
Hand Weapon - 80

12 KE Champion, Standard Bearer (Accompanied by Lord)
Errantry Banner - 254

12 KE Champion, Standard Bearer ( Accompanied by BSB )
Errantry Banner - 254

9 KE Grail Knight Champion, Standard Bearer
Errantry Banner - 216

9 KE Champion, Standard Bearer (Accompanied by Paladin #2)
Errantry Banner - 194

15 M@A No Command - 75

15 M@A No Command - 75

3 Pegasus Knights, Champion, Standard Bearer - 185

Grail Reliquae w/12 Pilgrims - 172

Trebuchet - 90

total- 2000

Basic Strategy here:
Use the M@A and Grail Reliquae as cannon fodder and screening units. Keep the knight units out of range on the flanks until about turn four and just let my trebuchet pound away at his clusters of units. Then, when the opportunity comes, hit him hard and fast in the late game, aiming for weaker units of Dwarf warriors while my PK keep his war machines occupied. Try and bog down Ironbreakers in combat with GR. Hopefully, the strength of my KE combined with the unit smashing power of my lord should allow me to at least ride roughshod over one unit. The BSB is purposefully set up to be the leader of the cannon fodder knights, thanks to his rolling abilities with the Valorous Standard. What do you guys think? I'm sick of my friend gloating about how great his Dwarfs are and I would really like to just unleash a huge can of whoop-ass on him.
Last Edit: 2009/05/18 00:51 By The Red Cross Knight.
"The Red Cross Knight was holding the roof of the main keep alone... And he couldn't be beaten. Not by goblin or troll or giant! Not by the dozens or the hundreds! He lasted for over an hour and I began to believe he'd win all on his own.... until they set the dragon against him."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
tomahawk (User)
The Order of the Tactician in gold (Click to see more)The Order of the Smith in Silver (Click to see more)The Order of the Dragon in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
Re:2000 pt Errantry War against Dwarfs 7 Years, 11 Months ago
Illegal!!
Virtue of Knightly Temper -> No magic weapons, so no heartwood lance!
Also illegal:
Valorous Standard-> knights units only so not on a BSB!

Just weird:
Virtue of stoicism does the same as the special rule of the BSB does.
And there is no rerolling a reroll so the virtue is quite worthless on a BSB

No musicians at all? That's a brave choice.. you regret this if CR is tied and the Dwarf has a musician!

M@A's feel weird in this list, I would think a big fat unit of skirmishing bowmen would help this list more..
Duke of Bretonnia, Elector Count of the Empire, Mercenary General, Goblin Warboss, Elf Prince, Dwarven Thane, Saurus Scar-Veteran, Vampire Count and Highborn of the Druchii.
Cound't agree more and arent you suppose to have a unit of KoTR unless you are playing an unofficial rule.

tomahawk (User)
The Order of the Dragon in Silver (Click to see more)The Order of the Tactician in gold (Click to see more)The Order of the Smith in Silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline Netherlands flag
NO, The man said ERRANTRY WAR!
That's a special list without the compulsory KOTR unit
Duke of Bretonnia, Elector Count of the Empire, Mercenary General, Goblin Warboss, Elf Prince, Dwarven Thane, Saurus Scar-Veteran, Vampire Count and Highborn of the Druchii.
tomahawk wrote:
Illegal!!
Virtue of Knightly Temper -> No magic weapons, so no heartwood lance!
Also illegal:
Valorous Standard-> knights units only so not on a BSB!

Just weird:
Virtue of stoicism does the same as the special rule of the BSB does.
And there is no rerolling a reroll so the virtue is quite worthless on a BSB

No musicians at all? That's a brave choice.. you regret this if CR is tied and the Dwarf has a musician!

M@A's feel weird in this list, I would think a big fat unit of skirmishing bowmen would help this list more..

Oh you're right! Thanks for pointing it out. I totally missed that in the fine print. I'll change it up at bit then and then post something updated. And I also forgot about the BSB allowing the re-roll. It's been almost a year and a half since I last played. Whoooooppsss.

As for the musicians, I'm not to worried. He's never taken musicians in the past. The thing about bowmen is they never seemed to do anything against dwarfs, what with the armor saves they have and the high toughness.
"The Red Cross Knight was holding the roof of the main keep alone... And he couldn't be beaten. Not by goblin or troll or giant! Not by the dozens or the hundreds! He lasted for over an hour and I began to believe he'd win all on his own.... until they set the dragon against him."
Here's the updated Errantry War. I took away Heartwood Lance and replaced it with the Cuirass of Fortune (I want wounds!!!!) I also gave the BSB the Banner of the Lady to negate his Dwarven ranks in combat. The M@A I did replace with a huge skirmishing unit of Bowmen to hold the center and just cause general mayhem with their puny arrows. Plus, they'll give him something to shoot at. I also threw in musicians on all but on of the KE units. Strategy remains the same.

Bretonnian Lord, general
Warhorse
Virtue of Knightly Temper
Cuirass of Fortune
Mane of the Purebreed
Shield
Hand Weapon
Lance - 225

Paladin, BSB
Warhorse
Banner of the Lady
Hand Weapon - 176

Paladin
Warhorse
Lance
Shield
Hand Weapon - 80

12 KE Full Command (Accompanied by Lord)
Errantry Banner - 261

12 KE Full Command ( Accompanied by BSB )
Errantry Banner - 261

9 KE Grail Knight Champion, Standard Bearer, Musician
Errantry Banner - 223

9 KE Champion, Standard Bearer (Accompanied by Paladin #2)
Errantry Banner - 194

20 Bowmen, No Command, Skirmished - 120

3 Pegasus Knights, Champion, Standard Bearer - 185

Grail Reliquae w/12 Pilgrims - 172

Trebuchet - 90

total- 1997
Last Edit: 2009/05/18 19:39 By The Red Cross Knight.
Just to let you know, I used this army last night in a game against Dwarfs with very successful results. The Dwarf army was surprisingly un-shooty, with only an organ gun and two groups of thunderers. I got the charge with all of my units and rode roughshod over two large Longbeard regiments and a regiment of warriors, completely ignoring the Hammerer's with the Lord in them. My Grail Reliquae did its job, killing off a unit of Thunderers and tying down a unit of Ironbreakers for almost the entire game. The Pegasus Knights took out the organ gun with ease. I lost only one knight unit, the one with my Lord in it, since they got charged from behind by the Hammerers after they failed to pursue off the board and thus fled. The Trebuchet did nothing and misfired on the second turn, leading to it being removed. The PB acted as a huge fire suck for a Gyrocopter and the Thunderers and prevented the organ gun from blowing me to bits. All and all, great success with minimal knightly casualties!
Go to top Post Reply