Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Back into the feel of things with a 1500 doubles tourney (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Back into the feel of things with a 1500 doubles tourney
eljimbobo (User)

profile icon User Offline
Back into the feel of things with a 1500 doubles tourney 7 Months ago
Hey guys, I haven't played an actual game of Warhammer in close to 4 months so I'm really quite rusty. A buddy of mine is holding a doubles tournament so I decided this would be a good chance to get back into the game.

I'll be playing with a Lizardman player as my ally but he's relatively new to the game. I'm not sure what we will be going against, but I know there will be at least 2 elf armies (one high and one dark). I think the best thing I can do with my list is bring something well rounded, but let my ally take over the magic phase. He has a lot of infantry and a Bastilidon as well, so hopefully he can bring most of the heavy lifting and my knights can support.

1500 Bretonnian Doubles
Lords: (234)

Lord – Warhorse, Shield, Virtue of Heroism, Sword of Swift Slaying, Gromril Greathelm, Potion of Foolhardiness (234)
Standard, well rounded lord. PoF is for the charge/challenge so I can maximize my chances of rolling a 6. Everyone fears his HKB so I'll have him protected in the KotR

Heroes: (371)
Paladin – BSB, Warhorse, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Biting Blade (119)
Riding with the KotR and Lord. I'll have 2 characters in the front with 1+ saves, the usual Bretonnian goodness

Paladin – Pegasus, Questing Vow, Insignia of the Quest, Charmed Shield, Greatsword (157)
I want to use this as a monster/warmachine slayer to support my peg knights. Charmed Shield/IotQ should help him survive cannon shots and his high strength attacks are pretty deadly. 3 S6 attacks and 2 S5 ones a turn should be able to cut down most beasties.

Damsel – Level 1, Lore of Beasts, Prayer Icon of Quenelles (95)
I'm letting the lizardman bring the magic, she's simply to toss Wyssan's on something and give the M@A the Blessing. I expect to lose her, but she's only worth as much as most chaff units and the Blessing stays even if she dies so no big deal.

Core: (536)
8 Knights of the Realm – Full Command, Standard of Discipline (231)
The hammer. Ld 10 re-rollable bubble with the Lord and BSB in here. If I keep the M@A close, they'll almost never break.

34 Men-at-Arms – Musician, Standard Bearer (185)
The anvil. I expect them to die, but again not many points here.

10 Peasant Bowmen – (60)
10 Peasant Bowmen – (60)
Early drops, chaff clearers, and throw aways if I need to defend my knights flank

Special: (165)
3 Pegasus Knights – Gallant (165)
Hunting warmachines and chaff with the Pegadin. I'd like to get off some rear charges with them, too.

Rare:
5 Grail Knights – (190)
Similar role to the peg knights. They can lose 2 units before they lack a rank and their charge is deadly. I'm hoping that between these guys, the peg knights, and the pegadin I should be able to dominate the chaff/mobility game and set up some great charges/charge denying. Since my ally is new (this is his first game) I should be able to protect his flanks this way so he doesn't have as much pressure on his own units.

Total: (1496)
Last Edit: 2014/04/21 19:10 By eljimbobo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply