Events Events
Literature Literature
Tactics Tactics
Hobby Hobby
Background Background
User Login
Support us

Vote at the The Warvault: Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!

Support the maintenance and costs of running this site:

Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:'Hunting party', Summer 2014 RPG, OOC/character creation thread (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 8
TOPIC: Re:'Hunting party', Summer 2014 RPG, OOC/character creation thread
Re:'Hunting party', Summer 2014 RPG, OOC/character creation thread 3 Weeks ago
Oh wow. The thread has only been open one day and I'm already massively behind!! Reading time!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Greycastle (User)

profile icon User Offline United States flag
One question, are we still at a point in which posts need to be cleared with you OBK, or should I just go ahead and reply to the thread with Charles's first actions?
Old bold knight (Moderator)
The Order of the Storytellers in silver (Click to see more)
profile icon User Offline United Kingdom flag
Hi Greycastle, you're free to act as you see fit now (although a quiet word to help brief the others in the courtyard would be cool)

I was just a bit worried about the opening as I wanted a dramatic setting for you all, and didn't want one player claiming to be enjoying a quiet pint in the ragged boar while another is fighting off the hordes outside!
The price of rank is duty.
Greycastle (User)

Gotcha, I'll have to wait until I'm off of work for today to make my post but I'll have it up later today.
Nice one, no hurry mate, the hordes can wait for us and our exquisite Bretonnian penmanship
LordNecro8000 (User)

profile icon User Online Now
Hi all, I accidentally posted in the wrong thread please delete! Too many tabs open, I went to post in this one.

I was wanting to gauge if there was any room left to join the campaign? I noticed you just started and it seems interesting.
Last Edit: 2014/06/30 22:05 By LordNecro8000.
Hey, no problem, I'll remove your other post.

Yeah, feel free to join in, but please read this thread and submit a character first before posting in the play thread. Knights Errant, Realm and peasants are all fine, but anything else we'll need to discuss.

Welcome aboard!
rrw360 (User)
Plot for the Plot God! Players for the Player throne!
"For the Lady, for Glory, For Bretonnia!"

Greycastle (User)

Re:'Hunting party', Summer 2014 RPG, OOC/character creation thread 2 Weeks, 6 Days ago
This might sound like a dumb question, but who all is left in the courtyard? I know Agonold has left to the forest, leaving Mattias and Reynard, but are there any others of note within the castle walls? Or is just us few?
Angrypeasant (User)
profile icon User Online Now United States flag
Re:'Hunting party', Summer 2014 RPG, OOC/character creation thread 2 Weeks, 6 Days ago
Mattias, Clay, Reynard and a host of npcs. You can basically just write your way into an encounter with one of them or perhaps follow Agonold to the shrine (or do whatever else you can think of)
@greycastle

In addition to Mattias, Reynard and Clay (let's assume you can catch them before they head off to perform their various tasks), who you will have seen Agonold speak to briefly, there will be a variety of NPCs too, from Bohemond's staff, including his household knights and bodyguards, to the general working population of a castle, cooks, men-at-arms, stable hands etc. All of whom doing their best to look like they don't have anything better to do than to be in the presence of a Grail Knight. The price of fame...

There are several high-ranking Bretonnians here at present so it's quite busy as their squires and yeomen are doing exactly what Agonold's are doing. Perhaps your own followers are here too, but for the sake of the story, I heartily recommend commanding the ear of the player characters. I'm sure such diligent Bretonnians will welcome your virtuous/robust advice/orders!

As for Mattias, you are aware of his skill set, and that he has been assigned to work with Agonold's entourage. Whether they are all aware of this yet is a different matter...

There is also the matter of urgency. If you wish, you could easily expedite things by asking Reynard and Clay to prepare the troops you think should leave first...
Last Edit: 2014/07/01 09:20 By Old bold knight.
@all
I'll add a couple more posts giving some background detail as the main player group prepares to leave later on, but I'll wait for Greycastle to join in first.

@Rrw360
I'll reply as Isabella at that point too.
Hey obk can you explain this line to me

"In short, Wyndolen forms the most north-eastern tip of Bretonnia

Because if its just above Loren its surely south east?
Apologies, you're quite right.

Wyndolen is within the dukedom of Parravon, in it's eastern part. It's north of Athel Loren, and nestled between the Grey Mountains, the river Grismerie and the forest.

It's actually south-east of Bastonne, another geographical error I need to correct in a play post!

I suspect this error has occurred because I was using a blown-up map of the southern half of Bretonnia to look at some details, and that placed Parravon in the upper-right corner!
Last Edit: 2014/07/01 11:35 By Old bold knight.
Also my first post will be late. Run in with a car this morning, arm is quite sore makes typing slightly difficult
Go to top Post Reply